Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why new Georgia football offensive hire Buster Faulkner is 'the perfect complement to Todd Monken'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhy new Georgia football offensive hire Buster Faulkner is 'the perfect complement to Todd Monken'

Former Georgia offensive linemen and All-American can admit he's a little bit biased towards new Georgia offensive quality control coach Buster Faulkner. The reason being Stinchcomb has known Faulkner since his high school days, as the two led Parkview High School in Lilburn, Ga., to its first state title in 1997.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess it is who you know at Southern Miss and being a former coach there that lands you a choice spot on UGA staff! Good old close-knit football boys club. Happens a lot in college ranks. Hope these hires serve UGA well.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA66 Or perhaps looking at it a different way based upon Faulkner's resume and Kirby's first hand knowledge of him this was a great hire. Perspective can be a wonderful thing.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Conner, proofread bud. You never identify which Stinchcomb, Matt or Jon. Also, you seem to imply Jay Johnson rose through rank to OF at Colorado because he was an analyst at UGA. He had been a P5 OC before at Minnesota.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I assume it was taken for granted that the only readers on DawgNation are those that are familiar with UGA or Parkview HS football history. Since "All-American" was mentioned it must be assumed the Stinchcomb on which the article is based must be Matt and not Jon.

• Options

Hey ScoreCheck..perspective is a great thing...! I'll stick with my comment. Let's just say it's a combo of the two..ok? I noted Faulkner's resume'....pretty good. But it is who you know is why Faulker even showed up on UGA radar in the first place. That is a fact.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A writer writing a story should not leave it for the reader to "assume" anything. He or she should tell us so that there is no ambiguity. It's called being thorough and competent. And no story, ever, EVER, should run without giving someone's full name (and title, if necessary) on first reference. I'm sure this was an oversight in this case, but it's annoying because it is not an infrequent occurrence on this site. It's easy to fix, just requiring a little attention to detail.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all know Kirby's going to field an elite defense essentially every year. Now, he's building the offensive staff to match that elite defense. It may not happen over night, but more points are on their way for UGA.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is this a fly-by-night blog site or the UGA football site for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a major daily newspaper? The AJC sports section redirects here, but the editing quality makes me wonder.

• Options

The link says Dawgnation is a PRODUCT of the AJC??? Could be an alternative site. The writers are allowed all sorts of error. There seems to be no close proofing at times. Turnover is the name of their game.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coley wasn’t getting the job done. Monken and Faulkner will.

• Options

ShootTheHooch.....It was Jon Stinchcomb.

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well I got dressed down by Chip Towers once when he wrote for DN. He and Seth Emerson used to mention in EVERY article that Coach Smart doesn't let freshmen or asst. coaches talk to the media. So I said something about it to him and he thanked me for reading every day, but then went on to say that they assume that not everyone does read DN every day therefore not everyone would know that necessarily. I personally think that it just rubbed them the wrong way so they just harped on it, but I digress. How quickly things change.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A comment I heard early in my 77 years applies here: "The proof is in the pudding". We'll see this fall if our two offensive gurus will get the job done. I, too, think they will but I want to see proof.