Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why the addition of 5-star QB Brock Vandagriff could be a great sign for in-state recruiting

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhy the addition of 5-star QB Brock Vandagriff could be a great sign for in-state recruiting

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. How Brock Vandagriff could mark a positive change for Georgia football recruiting Under Kirby Smart, Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Although I hate the way things went down with Tank, I don't have a problem with Kirby's recruiting plan.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listening to 92.9 the game on the way to work this morning they had an interview with Brock. His family are a mixture of Auburn and Tennessee fans. He made the statement that he was a Dawg Fan for now. John didn't read too much into that statement but Hue Douglas thought it odd. Like saying I'm married for now. Maybe his commitment is based upon how committed he feels UGA is to him in terms of bringing in other QB's, whether HS or grad transfers. The transfer portal gives and it takes away. Might need to modify our jubilation for now. Sounds like he'll be closely monitoring things.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Things could change with Todd Monken calling the shots from an offensive standpoint and when they see how well he develop players, they might reconsider leaving the state. The record shows that Todd Monken can develop receivers and qbs very well. He turned Brandon Weeden (who has little mobility) from a 66% passer to a 72% passer. In Todd's final season @osu he played 3 qbs who pass for over 1000 yards and led the conference in scoring offense and when Todd left the program, 2 of those qbs passing % dropped below 60% and the other one bailed out.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see your point. I also found it odd when Brock said he was decommitting from the school that was the "best fit" for him to play close to home. That sounds like he is settling for UGA.

• Options

He did say(I didn't hear it myself) but according to the radio guys that he wanted to of course be closer to family and that he wanted to play for a NC. One could infer that he felt like UGA was the best opportunity to do that, perhaps over Auburn or Tennessee, and considering that BAMA is stacked right now at QB.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1 - He wanted to play close, not closer, to home. Holidays and hunting. UGA 15 miles away from home.

2-He did say that he wanted to play for a NC. UGA obviously was his answer to that...close to home. Great program and coaches.

3- He did say he and his dad like to hunt over in Alabama. Close to home.

4-He also admitted OK is his first choice but settled for the close to home UGA campus but that it was also a good chance of playing for a NC. A win-win for Brock and UGA.

This commit likes things close to home...ok by me...Welcome Brock...UGA is your new close to home football home.

• Options

'he wanted to of course be closer to family " Not home

He has family in Bama I do believe. And playing at UGA is a lot closer to those family members.