Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mark Richt: Georgia quarterback Jamie Newman can adapt to any offensive system

SystemSystem Posts: 10,446 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageMark Richt: Georgia quarterback Jamie Newman can adapt to any offensive system

Georgia quarterback Jamie Newman can adapt to most any offensive system, but what exactly that will be with the Bulldogs has yet to be determined

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If I didn’t know better I might be lead to believe we got another QB named ‘Goodman’?

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just to get everyones head straight: So many new faces next year - players, coaches - tends to lead to regression more often than progression. Burrow took a year to become the monster he was. LSU didn’t score a point against Bama the year before. Patience, folks, which I know this fan base has plenty of.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's great Coach Richt is weighing in so much, I'm sure Kirby will be reaching out for his help in building a Championship team.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mark Richt is no longer coach of this team...I think he should keep his comments to himself

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sort of like it when people who have a clue talk positively about our players and program. But that's just me.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mobile, I gave you a "vote up" because you started my day with a bit of humor!

• Options

Thanks for the vote up, that's the way it was meant. Looks like people would be able to see the humor through my blind ignorance....

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Coach Richt knows offense! I certainly don't mean this as a slam at Kirby but if Coach Richt could have recruited as well as he coached, he'd still be in Athens. As close as we came during his tenure, more high 4 star and 5 star players would have made a huge difference. I am very much aware of what would not happen if frogs had wings.

• Options

Richt's downfall IMO was he took his early success for granted and rested on those laurels to long, he wasn't near the workhorse Kirby Smart is. He lacked Smart's tenacity, his drive, he didn't fight for facility upgrades, didn't recruit relentlessly. He also didn't surround himself with the best coaches "at times", he did have some good hires but the Willie Martinez's, Schottenheimers, are what he's remembered for. His loyalty while admirable turned into a weakness, again JMO.

I had a lot of issues with Mark Richt as a Head Coach and CEO. Nothing to do with him as a man or his faith. To me football has to be run more like a business in order to be successful.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Richt, who served as an analyst for the ACC Network last season, said he wouldn’t be surprised if Newman was the best quarterback in the SEC next season." Richt has become the anointed seer on UGA QBs. Second piece featuring Richt propping Jamie Newman as the best in the SEC QB business. Richt does have background in such things (Newman) as has been pointed out. And, he did coach for over 30 years...so that alone gives him some cred. But that is where this ends. Newman is a bright prospect as an experienced. play caller, and CKS did not recruit him to let him polish the bench. However, the team has not yet been assembled in final form. Jamie is the likely choice but not yet crowned. So much has to be factored in to the new, improved UGA offense.....give Monken, Luke and Faulkner time to put the pieces together in the war room...then tell me Jamie's going to be the best QB in the SEC...he may....but not until he has "helmet on"practiced in the improved system under the watchful eyes of his mentors.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CMR just giving his opinion(everybody has one), as in us commentators on here. In his opinion(he may know a little more than the avg. person) UGA was getting an awesome QB. I don't see the issue.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Look the man knows Offense and he knows QBs

Just a dream but imagine co-head coaches with CKS calling Defenses and running the show on that side the ball and his tireless recruiting …… The CMR running the show on Offense and doing his thing putting star RB after star RB in and having some great QBs that anyone with eyes could see he made better as they played under him

Just saying we go from one extreme (pure offense and average Def at best) to the other (a QB that didn't get any better than game 1 he played and an offense that's just pathetic)