Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Why Broderick Jones is the most important recruit for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Why Broderick Jones is the most important recruit for Georgia football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Why Broderick Jones is the most important recruit for Georgia football In today's video version of Good Day,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Concerning the present state of Awelessburn football - who would wish to play there. Derrick Brown left state to play for Cawburn, thus he had to watch his team get their rear ends spanked every year, save one game, by the team, as well as the state university, he spurned. Please, Broderick, do not be a Brown. Enjoy your college year playing for a team that contends where winning it all is still relevant.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is an opportunity for Matt Luke to be front and center to see how he represents UGA and showcases his recruiting skills. I was, like many, very impressed with how the offensive line performed in the Sugar Bowl on such short notice with a lot of moving around of personnel and believe he was a great hire. We need Broderick for many reasons: need at left tackle, keep big name recruits in state but most important, stick it to Auburn in the recruiting wars! Come on Broderick, read DN and feel the love! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really like UGA's chances with Broderick.

But Auburn always makes me nervous with these players, especially the D-lineman who wait until the end to decide between Georgia and Auburn. Rodney Garner knows how to use the 'Ledger' as a recruiting incentive...

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing Auburn can offer Jones that UGA can't is four loss seasons every year of his college career.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been harping on this for some time! LT is all but vacant since Cade left. But I do not see UGA as Broderick's first choice since Pittman's departure. He has had a visit to Pittman already I believe..he sacrificed his TN visit last weekend. B. Jones took it hard when Pittman left...fact...he said so. Personally, I thought he would decommit UGA. Commits are as tenuous as a spider's thread. Now Auburn has a tether on him as well. I want to stay positive because of Luke...an exceptional recruiter...but that old nagging doubt creeps in. He has some signee buds at UGA, maybe they can help influence him.....?

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke is every bit as, if not more, technically competent at Pitman; and by all accounts, also a really good guy. And don't forget the allure of working on Monken's side of the ball. Along with the opportunity to play immediately on a national contender, a key position whose vacancy was created by a dude leaving his junior year to be a first-rounder in the League... if Jones pays attention on this visit and connects these dots, I just don't see any way he goes elsewhere. In fact, unless there is a mitigating circumstance we're simply not aware of, it should be a no-brainer, not even close.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No way he commits to Auburn. Why would he? Jones will be walking into the best opportunity at UGA. I truly believe he will be a higher draft pick if he spends three years here. The only reason to choose Auburn over UGA is early playing time.

If Auburn wasn't allowed to recruit in UGA they would rarely be in the top 20.

I will make three guarantees: 1. He will make the right decision and sign with UGA. 2. He will start at LT in September. 3. He will be a top ten draft pick three years from today.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like your optimism, Dawg365....but be careful throwing around guarantees. They can bite us hard. These young lads do not think as we do or even as biased coaches do. They have input we have no knowledge of. I thought Jones was a done deal until Pittman quit....then he backed right off...I don't care how much better a coach Luke is and he is...this kid really likes Pittman...he was sort of angry even that UGA let him get away. He needs to get back to earth and look at UGA vs Ark or Auburn. No brainer! UGA is THE Power 5 program of the SEC...! I do believe he will come to his senses in the end and sign with UGA. Signees Washington, Carter and others know him and will egg him on.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA66, Auburn lost their O-line coach last week. I think Luke has anyone Auburn can hire beat. If he wants to be the best lineman in the room, he can go to Arkansas or Auburn but that comes with more losses, and Auburn never does anything but every 6 years.

If he comes to UGA, he won't likely be the big man on campus the minute he walks into the room, but he will be pushed by the competition and he will win championships. And, he may even be able to start this year. Seems like a no brainer...