Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Realistic expectations don't exist for Georgia football quarterback Jamie Newman

2»

Comments

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not leading to a National Championship...and you're okay with that? I'm not.......Anything less than a National Championship is unacceptable.......I remember the Richt years where people were talking "9-3...wow that was a good season"....I don't want to go back to that

• GoodGameGoodGame Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Everybody comes at it from a different angle. To me, putting that much emphasis on a National Title seems exhausting. I couldn't imagine sitting through a game with the weight of that worry on my mind. It wouldn't be fun anymore to me. Do you stop watching once UGA is out of contention? It's the goal but not the ultimatum. Sure I get upset when they play bad and I always want them to continue to improve, but guess what, other teams are improving as well and only one of them can win it each year. I think this is an exciting time for UGA. They are building something that has positive momentum at the moment and getting the right pieces in place to get to that level. I am happy to be on the ride, and I hope that culminates to national titles.

I can't fault you for your stance though. As I said we all come at it from a different angle. Out of curiosity, when you say unacceptable, do you mean that if we don't win a national title there should be a complete housecleaning? What ultimatum have you attached to that unacceptable behavior?

On another note, I hate to break it to you but we will have another 9-3 season at some point, and could possibly have a string of seasons where a 9-3 season seems like a dream come true. I don't hope for that but I am a realist and know that at this level of college football it is hard to stay on top forever.