Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Alabama All-American: Scott Cochran will 'undoubtedly be successful' as UGA assistant

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer Alabama All-American: Scott Cochran will 'undoubtedly be successful' as UGA assistant

A former Alabama great expects Georgia fans to enjoy having Scott Cochran as special teams coach. “I’ve seen him interact with players,” Mike Johnson said this week on DawgNation Daily. “I know he’ll eventually undoubtedly be successful in that role.” Cochran’s departure from Alabama -- where he served as strength

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think this was a great hire !

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

" intensive purposes"? 😀

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the fact that we upgraded at Bama’s expense. Hopefully it will be the difference maker to get is over the (Bama) hump. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I find it funny how almost every Alabama fan is downplaying the Cochran from S&G to Special teams hire. They seem to be trying to convince themselves that all Cochran did was tell them to hit another rep on the bench, and run another lap.

While at the same time, I haven't seen even one of his former players doubting it. Cochran was far more than just a gym rat for Alabama.

Kirby Smart and Scott Cochran both know what they're doing.

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cochran has been around a lot of players during his time at Alabama. He knows how to motivate them to get the best out of them. The difference between being good and great? Going that extra step, making that extra effort to be the best. If he can do that at Georgia, we will be seeing the results on the field pretty soon.