Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia football stars tab breakout players for 2020 team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia football stars tab breakout players for 2020 team

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Former Georgia football stars identify breakout players for 2020 team INDIANAPOLIS — Jake Fromm, Andrew Thomas

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens' has freakish ability to catch the ball, but his never taking a play off, run or pass, is what will make him the best player in the country, not just receiver!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens is a work in progress. His athleticism is phenomenal.. and his desire to be the best will keep him at the top. He needs to grow up some and settle at his position...master the routes beyond just catching the ball. Sync. with the QB early on. He will be one of UGA's best receivers ever. Count on it. Blaylock will surprise as well. Another to watch is rough and tumble Eric Stokes at CB. Looking at some notable speed with these guys. 2020 could be THE year!

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Last year the departed Dawgs were raving about Matt Landers in this space. The guy has all the physical tools, but hasn't been able to put it together, save a nice TD catch in the Sugar Bowl. I'm thinking he and D-Rob may show some improvement in Monken's WR friendly offense.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Pickens improves this year, he will be an absolute beast his Junior year. Adam Anderson is the player that will garner significantly more chatter as the season rolls on. So much talent on this team. This is such an amazing year to be a UGA fan. I had to endure the Ray Goff years as a student at Georgia. I wonder if the kids on campus today realize how blessed they are to be able to get student tickets during the CKS years?

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs offense will go as far as Jamie Newman takes us. I hate to put that much pressure on him but he is being handed the keys to a race car. How good of a driver is he? I haven't watched him previously and don't know much about his abilities. The biggest thing will be not to make a lot of mistakes. Our defense will keep us in every game we play. If he is a better than average qb, we will be hard to beat. This is the most talented team we have ever had. By the end of the year when we get everybody playing together, this could be a juggernaut.