Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football special teams coordinator Scott Cochran salary released

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football special teams coordinator Scott Cochran salary released

ATHENS — Georgia special teams coach Scott Cochran will make $550,000 annually, per a DawgNation FOIA request filed with the University of Georgia. Cochran’s base salary is $325,000 and his annual supplemental income is $225,000 for a total of $550,000. Cochran’s salary at Alabama last year as head strength and

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was wrong on this one. I figured UGA ponied up huge to get him. Must involve circumstances that go beyond money. Great acquisition nonetheless and kudos to Smart for staying on top of things.

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe Coach Cochran took a small pay cut in order to get an on-field position. That could lead to future advancement over being a strength and conditioning coach. His aspirations are to be a head coach one day.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is more to this than a special teams coach down the line. He took a $40k cut....with a promise of either doing a great job and a sizeable salary increase or added responsibilities in the future pending on-field performance. Who knows? Smart is really staffing up for that natty!!!

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dell McGee could get probably get offered more more somewhere else to do the same thing he does here. He’s the best recruiter on staff.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

When buying high quality, there is a saying - you get what you pay for. Enough said.

• Options
    DougTheWiseDougTheWise Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I think Saban was holding Scott Cochran's coaching career back not giving him a fair shot to advance beyond a strength coach.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

You know this how? This is the first I've heard of him wanting to be a HC eventually.