Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The 7 players Georgia football will miss most off 2019 team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageThe 7 players Georgia football will miss most off 2019 team

Georgia football loses a lot off last season's No. 4-ranked team, including 10 players who were at the NFL combine in Indianapolis

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do think the fact that Georgia lost its top 5 pass catchers from 2018 and then had six receivers miss playing time with injuries this season played a role in the team's two losses. Georgia finished 5-1 vs. Top 25 teams and No. 4 in the nation, however, and Fromm deserves some credit for that, I'd suggest.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MaddDawg,

I feel your pain, but I’m confident that Fields, Burrows, Tua, Lawrence and the rest of the great QBs would have had mediocre years without their key receivers and top running back. I totally agree with MikeGriffith’s response below. Do you really believe any QB could have had a high level of performance after losing 11 wide receivers at some point over the past year? Heck, even Tom Brady fell apart this past season....and he was only missing 2 of his star receivers. I personally think Fromm did a good job considering the cards he was dealt. Also, it didn’t help that 2 of the **** games were in terrible weather and the vast majority of the teams we faced in the last half of the season had ‘bye weeks’ to prepare for Fromm and our offense. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2020

It would be great if all the people who are still holding on to the idea that Jake held us back would take a look at what happened in 2017 through 2019. We had our greatest success when we had the tandem of Chubb and Michel as seniors. That's an incredibly rare level of talent. In the ensuing two years we didn't have the same kind of offensive production, but that is due more to scheme than to the shortcomings of any one player. The coaching staff has recognized this, and has responded by making all of the changes on offense that we have seen in the last couple of months. Hopefully, those changes will bear fruit.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe Rodrigo is the player we will miss the most because we don't have the talent to replace him. Every other position has a talented player that WILL fill the void, that is not the case for kicker.