Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Junkyard Mail: Questions loom as Dawgs approach spring practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageJunkyard Mail: Questions loom as Dawgs approach spring practice

Kirby Smart’s Dawgs open spring practice March 17, with 14 practices set before the Red and Black teams face off in the annual G-Day game April 18. Georgia returns a veteran and highly rated defense, but the Bulldogs will be fielding a mostly new offense in 2020. That has fans wondering, as reflected in the first

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ugarph85ugarph85 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I say no to the silver helmets. I hate Ohio State that much. I would rather see a black helmet with a red G. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

I say no to any helmet other than the current red.

To the Nike Ghetto Ranger costume in its infamous entirely the whole DawgNation says hell no,.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

No to the helmets, but bring back the red britches in a big away game.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

The uniforms from H. Walker days would really be a welcome site on any game day!!! Classic beautiful look.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would be interested in seeing a modern looking silver or matte black version of the current helmet design. That would be cool.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd like to know more about what exactly is discussed in terms of the Draft analysis these Juniors are given. For instance, Holyfield HAD to know that his speed wasn't enough to get him drafted. Also, things like Fromm's smaller hands HAD to be discussed with him beforehand. So, why didn't these guys choose to invest in another year? Do NFL teams not value that 4th year?

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fans get a little gunshy of alternate uniforms when they see losses to Boise State and to Alabama(one of our black jersey games). Our traditional red jerseys, silver britches, and Red helmets with the power G are iconic and I will not complain if UGA never deviates again. I'm not opposed to alternates, though, and wouldn't mind seeing some experimentation with Red, Black, Silver, White with our helmets, pants, and jerseys. Maybe an alternate uni home game and an away one each year?

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nobody ever lost a game because of the color of the jersey or helmet or pants they were wearing.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

My main concern about the offense is that they haven't had a strong running game since Sony and Chubb graduated. We won a NC in 1980 because we had a rb (HW) who could impose his will on teams. I think ZW can do that if he gets the carries (250) and if Kenny McIntosh or Kendall Milton can be that 2nd power back, I think they have a good chance to make it back to the college football playoffs.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How would another year help the size of Jake's hands? Just wondering.