Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Best BBQ in Athens?

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

What do y'all say?
Saucehouse, Dawg Gone Good, Pulaski Heights, White Tiger, Butt Hutt...

Here's what Yelp says...
https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=bbq&find_loc=Athens,+GA

Tagged:

Comments

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,540 admin
    edited January 2017

What does @SavageDawg17 say? Hit me with some Intel, brother.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@JeffSentell said:
    What does @SavageDawg17 say? Hit me with some Intel, brother.

Well @JeffSentell - I haven't spent as much time in Athens lately so a few of these I haven't tried (yet). I would have to go with Pulaski Heights or Dawg Gone Good as my 5*'s but I need to hold a roster spot open for a few others!

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,540 admin

Well @SavageDawg17 that's why you get five official visits.

Sounds like you have co-leaders between Pulaski Heights and Dawg Gone Good.

Random S/O for the Best BBQ spot I've been to lately. That has to be in Jake Fromm's Warner Robins.

Martin's BBQ. That's my current Nolan Smith-ish leader for BBQ in the state of Georgia. There's a somewhat new spot in Lake Oconee that's pretty good, too. Can't remember the name but its right by the Cuscowilla Golf Course and CC.

• ugabossugaboss Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Butt Hutt is my go to place before or after the game. Great ribs and stew!

• traketrake Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Butt Hutt and Sauce House have great atmosphere and non-BBQ options (sides, apps etc). But in terms of meat I think it's White Tiger way ahead of the pack. My test is how it tastes without sauce. White Tiger's pork sans sauce is by far the best in Athens.

• sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pulaski Heights is pretty good, especially the ambiance. Right next to a train station. The others are on my list of places to go, once I eventually have free time.

For what it's worth Andy Staples, the Sports Illustrated writer and barbecue expert, usually goes to Kelly's Jamaican when he's in town. Not sure what that says about our barbecue scene.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@sethemerson said:
    Pulaski Heights is pretty good, especially the ambiance. Right next to a train station. The others are on my list of places to go, once I eventually have free time.

For what it's worth Andy Staples, the Sports Illustrated writer and barbecue expert, usually goes to Kelly's Jamaican when he's in town. Not sure what that says about our barbecue scene.

Good to know @sethemerson - yes I follow Andy Staples on social media and value his opinion on Q - he also raves about Heirloom Market BBQ & Fox Bros BBQ as two of ATL's best!