Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How is everyone doing?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My oldest brother had a s t r o ke And that is a bigger deal than the censored kind.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

pretty normal around here.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Foolishness. We will now definitely see a spike over the next two weeks, due to the fact our idiotic country decided the best way to protect themselves from getting sick was to mass assemble at every grocery store in the country.

I went this morning to get some greek yogurt. They were nearly sold out of fresh meat, and zero frozen veggies, paper products, pasta, rice, bleach, or bottled waters. I guess these maroons think their faucets are going to run dry.

Oddly enough, I guess planning for a fever wasn’t on many people’s panic list. Kroger still had an abundance of ibuprofen, aleve, and aspirin. SMH!!!

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

I'm on mandatory work from home for the next 2 weeks. My son is out of school for the same amount of time. It should get interesting here.

Also if anybody is interested my church is hosting our service online tomorrow at 11am. Just go to athenschurch.com.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a tough one. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Also, probably not seen to be there yet because I'd assume they haven't done much testing? Either way, stay healthy, good luck with decision, and if you get stuck and find yourself in North Carolina hit me up.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

Lets not turn this into another debate on the virus. It is how are our members are doing nothing more. Lets keep it that way or guess what is going to happen.....

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You beat me to it. I was just about to warn him about not posting rational thoughts based on historical experience. Likely to be construed as being “dangerous” by some.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

Not what the thread is about. Keep it on topic and civil and YOU should not have to issue any warnings.

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are reports this week of a few cases herein N Georgia, 2 in this town and two in the next town but nothing spreading fast like a wild fire and lets pray it stays that way.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife and I were just watching the news. Story about shortages/hoarding in the US. She asked me- "What is the deal with gringos and toilet paper? Why are you people obsessed with toilet paper?" Had no answer for her but shows that stereotypes go both ways.🙄

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bidets aren't very common in the states, but a friend of mine has them installed in his family's bathrooms. If I run out of TP and the stores are all empty, it's comforting to know that I have somewhere to go.

(I'll be here all week. Tip your waiter. Try the veal!)

This discussion has been closed.