Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard they shut down Burbon St in NO. Miami and Ft Lauderdale beaches also closed. I assume all Florida beaches will be shut down eventually.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anybody know if/when we're going to see more widespread restaurant closings? I know it's starting to happen here and there, but it hasn't happened up here and I'm wondering if it'll happen down in Georgia.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A couple have up here. Lots have closed dining rooms and are doing pick up, drive-thru, and delivery only.

• Options
    jc30116jc30116 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All restaurants and bars shut down at 9pm here last night until further notice. Take out only here in Ohio now. 1 confirmed case here in the county I'm in so far.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My company sells medical supplies so you can imagine that we've been a bit busy, and no we haven't jacked our prices up. Our biggest problem is the manufactures seemed to be overwhelmed and product that was suppose to have been delivered isn't showing up. Mask are the item that are in biggest demand and we've pretty much sold out. Hand sanitizer is the next item, surprisingly haven't had a run on gloves and we have a good stock of it hand. Have a lot of friends in the medical field and there's a real concern about being overwhelmed by people that don't need medical attention. People please be smart and stay in as much as possible, it just ain't worth it. Want to see ya'll next fall at Sanford!

• Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

that's pretty awesome to hear with the family fun. My wife and I both work jobs considered mission essential, i.e. have to come in to work no matter what is happening in the world. My kids are enjoying the no adult supervision but it would be nice to be able to do the things you are doing with your kids.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All is well here in Madison County. I've been kicked out of my office for a couple of weeks. My 17 year old son fell asleep on the sofa in the same room I work from home and he was not happy when I turned my desk lamp on at 8:30 this morning. At least I can keep him on a decent schedule while he's out of school. His biology teacher was working sending out work for them to do this week so he won't be able to be too lazy for the next couple of weeks.

I started buying a couple of extra things at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago in case this happened so at least I'm in good shape as far as groceries are concerned.

• Options
    dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do y’all know if Dawgnation Daily will still happen this week? I’m going to cry if that’s been taken away too...

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doin well here in the Capitol. Shut down a couple school districts over a case where a 4th grader and his parents had it, but his older siblings didnt.

County meetings shut down through mid May.

My work has gone mobile, trying to limit the bodies In the office.

Still, the grocery stores are wiped out of can goods, cleaning stuff, and tp.

The liquor section is well stocked at this time.

Were good. Blizzy and Bella are good, too.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The mods closed the original thread!? Lame. Really lame.

Alright folks, I've gotten to see this up close and personal now. Confirmed case, middle age, absolutely no prior medical history and co-morbidities. Very critically ill. Didn't travel but their occupation put them in contact with many people.

It's not a joke. Avoid the crowds, wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.

• Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for the Thread Kasey. We are doing well here in SW Kentucky. We have kinda stayed in more than usual, as we are both in our 70's.

• Options
    lmiked7lmiked7 Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Definitely not good that the case numbers are still climbing but isn't it a positive sign that our numbers are about the same as Italy given the fact that we have about 5X as many people?

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Honestly not sure. I would say raw numbers are more important at the beginning rather than percentages.

Edit: also lots of other things like population density will affect this. Right now we're seeing population centers getting hammered, but rural areas in Georgia are beginning to see community transmission.

This discussion has been closed.