Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football: What would have been the spring practice buzz by now?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football: What would have been the spring practice buzz by now?

DawgNation has four staffers who cover Georgia football from every angle: Beat, live streams, photos, podcasts, recruiting, etc. The “Cover 4” concept is: 1) Present a topic; 2) Offer a reasoned response; 3) Share a brisk statement on that opinion. 4) Pepper the page with photos for the big picture. For this edition,

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your going to see "separators" when the new WR signees arrive. Had they already been there for practice, Rosemy and Smith would have stood out. Rosemy is ready for the big time and Smith is so fast, you cannot properly defend him. McConkey is another speedster but a tad on the small size. Burton is 8th in the wide out class. He is bigger than McConkey and is an athlete. Good receiver and separator. Burton is 6' 4" at 210 lbs. His physicality alone is perfect for the Dawgs. He has Picken's style explosion. He hasn't proven himself yet as a receiver but will! This is all my opinion. These, plus Pickens and Blaylock will help Smart with his playmaking needs.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am a realist that is fairly opinionated; I hate to say it...every practice that our new Offensive Coordinator, our new O-Line, our new QB and our new starting RBs miss decreases our chances of beating Alabama in the third week of the season. I know, I know, "every team has new pieces." This is true. But, UGA's offense was anemic last year and nearly every piece is new on our offense this year.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have heard a lot of pro baseball players say they are going to need "at least" four weeks of training before starting games. Sounds about right. When that happens, many have said they may have to start the season without fans in the stadiums.

We will probably face something similar, with other complications, enrollment dates, etc. All in all, please stay quarantined! I live in Florida and the influx of pasty white Caucasians over the past week has been less than enjoyable. Cases have skyrocketed here. Keep watching them Dawgs on replay....that '17 team was bad ass. The BLACKOUT vs Auburn, "There goes Herschel!!," plenty to watch....at home.