Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: SEC Network anchor explains why Kirby Smart will win multiple national championships

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: SEC Network anchor explains why Kirby Smart will win multiple national championships

SEC Network anchor Peter Burns is a big believer in Georgia football, and he predicts more than one national championship for Kirby Smart

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Because we have a new QB and a new OC, I would think that the shortened off season would hurt Georgia. The players won't have sufficient time to learn a new system. I hope I'm wrong. But I am very excited about our team and the new offense that Monken brings.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah honestly I feel bad for players like Newman in this situation. Only get one year to learn a new system and then this disaster struck. So if/when football resumes he'll have an extremely hot beacon on him. If we go to Chris fowler's suggestion of moving it until February and only conference games. It'll be that much worse for us.

Side note. As much as I would love to see football back, I'm more worried about everyone getting healthy. To all those who've lost loved ones, I offer my condolences. To those fighting to slow/stop the virus, thank you.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burns seems to be looking through rose-colored spectacles, but I can see two natties. Defense will be the difference...plus, he is high on Monken..as am I and have been from day one. Couple those two pluses and Smart will emerge with at least one national title for certain. Meanwhile everyone please stay safe.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If there is to be a football season this year, it needs to be as early as possible, some believe heat helps to kill this monster. Since the experts expect the CoronaVirus to come back, so if you wait until it turns cold, then you have the flu and CoronaVirus both to contend with. Can UGA be ready to play by the expected Virginia game? Even more than last year, the defense will have to carry more than their fair share of the load. So, if Monken is successful, you can expect either another college team want him as their HC, or a pro team want him as their offensive guru.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Because of the lack of time for Monken to implement a full new system full of new plays, I look for coach Smart and Monken to implement the new offense with a grossly shortened play book. Especially for the early season games. The verbiage and assignments are already being implemented over zoom and i'm sure the qb's are working out with receivers on their own. However, that doesn't compare to team practices to fully comprehend and polish that system.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

For as much as we think we may have grave concerns for the offense due to unforeseen circumstances this spring, I have more confidence in our coaching staff to get us together before the Virginia game (if it will be played on time). Virginia needs to be worried about us! Kirby has finally given in to his stubbornness and hired a real OC. Does anyone remember 2015? Grayson Lambert was the QB. Newman is head and shoulders above Lambert, so the offense will be just fine. I don't remember but I don't think Lambert had a lot of time with the offense before the start of the season after transferring from another ACC school just as Newman yet he still won 10 games

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everybody can predict this and that but I will say this about our offense. We have the talent to line up and just beat people by using the players we have. No gimmicks or gadgets, we should be able to use our offensive line, our running backs, our new quarterback will be able to run the ball and keep the defenses honest on the rpo and he can throw to one of the best receivers in college football, George Pickens. Our defense should be able to throttle other teams offenses. The one factor that could come into play is injuries. We have depth at all but one position. Our young qbs. will need to be ready in case Neuman has an injury.

• Options
    AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Grayson lambert didn’t even finish game one as the starter. He was pulled for Eason and never got his job back. Not to mention we only won eight games that year barely beating TCU in Memphis. I definitely agree the offense should be fine this year they only need to compliment those savages on defense.