Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Speedy Georgia WR signee posts picture of arm in cast, season status uncertain

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageSpeedy Georgia WR signee posts picture of arm in cast, season status uncertain

Georgia football wide receiver signee Arian Smith has posted pictures on his social media of his arm in a cast, saying that his surgery went well

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wouldn't you know, another WR in a sling...Arian Smith..fastest man on UGA squad! He is not saying what happened. Blaylock is still healing from his ACL tear, plus still dealing with Robertson's hamstring injury. Is there a pattern here? Rosemy needs to step up and take charge. He is a natural! Burton and Robinson, even McConkey, now find themselves in the catbird seat. UGA, it appears, has a rough time keeping WR's healthy.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unbelievable! I hope this wasn't the result of some ill-advised extracurricular activity. Surely Mr. Smith and the rest of the UGA squad are smarter than the lure of a cheap thrill. Surely.

I pray for a speedy recovery over Smith and every injured Dawg, especially Mathis!

At one point in Michael Jordan's life, by his own admission, his coach would tell him there is no I in team; to which Michael would reply "but there is in win." Michael went on to win six championships only after he realized the team comes before the individual.

Side Note: You don't spell TEAM with a V, I, R, U or S.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you read the story closely, the kid claims the injury occurred, "last football season." If that's true, then it likely wasn't the result of anything done now or extra-curricular activities. I do wonder, though, if what he says is true, if UGA folks knew about the injury and if so, why didn't they get the surgery done sooner, especially with all of this extra time off? Something doesn't sound quite right about it all to me, but I hope it will only be a minor setback, not a warning sign of future problems.

And I disagree with Griffith's statement that this group of receivers is inexperienced overall. Pickens, Blaylock, Robertson and Landers all return. I will admit that as a group, they don't strike fear into the hearts of defensive backs, but they are not inexperienced. Robertson and Landers will be seniors, Blaylock will be a sophomore who showed much promise before his injury, and we all know about Pickens. I'm not saying they're going to set the world on fire, but they should at least know how to line up and help the younger guys adjust to college football.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with several posts regarding "the rest of the story". Even if the young man did injure himself recently, he's entitled to be a kid at his age. How many of us have stumbled and injured some part(s) of our bodies just going about normal living?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you play football at some time you will have injuries. It's the nature of the game. Some suffer multiple injuries and still play at the top level. Some get a hangnail and hang it up.