Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia captain J.R. Reed brings chip on shoulder to Jacksonville Jaguars

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia captain J.R. Reed brings chip on shoulder to Jacksonville Jaguars

J.R. Reed was an All-American and team captain playing safety at Georgia, and now after going undrafted on account of an old knee injury, he aims to find his way back on the field with the Jacksonville Jaguars

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder if he would have been drafted had he played well in the Sugar Bowl? Turf toe stinks , can be painful, but it is not an injury that typically REQUIRES rest; especially when the game in question is your last in R&B and is your last chance to impress scouts or add to your film.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg365 Reed probably would not have played well in the Sugar Bowl due to his toe injury. Turf Toe can really limit your ability to push off. But regardless there is no doubt in my mind that Reed can and most likely will prove the critics wrong once again.

Go Dogs!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can talk all want, but when you are undrafted, your chances of making a roster are slim to none.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

2019 NFL Rosters by Original Draft Slot

UDFA- 30.9%

Rd 1- 14.3%

Rd 2- 11.0%

Rd 3- 11.1%

Rd 4- 9.9%

Rd 5- 8.6%

Rd 6- 8.4%

Rd 7- 5.7%

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

J.R. needs to excel where he is now. He knows that stadium well..."By signing with Jacksonville, Reed joked in his JaguarReport interview, he will at least be playing in a stadium he has grown fond of." Playing? He is confident. But, I do believe he will play for them...and excel.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Something happened. Who knows what? The NFL draft is such a joke sometimes. I mean, JR Reed was like can't-miss all year; Tae Crowder was supposed to be one of the guys on the outside looking in. Then Crowder gets drafted and not Reed. Granted Crowder was the final pick, but the fact is, he STILL was drafted. As for JR thinking he's the best safety in the class, all the guys say that. Chase Young thought he deserved to be the #1 pick. They all think highly of themselves, and even if they don't, they're going to SAY they do. And I agree with @Spdawg , like most free agents, his chances of making a roster are slim -- and chances are even slimmer that he will actually play. And yes, @ghostofuga1, I see your stats. But they are slanted because the number of undrafted free agents each year is about double the number of kids actually drafted. So just because of the numerical disparity, that's why you see the OVERALL numbers appear the way they do. But in a given year, it's difficult, not impossible, but very difficult.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought awards meant something. Like you're one of the best players at your position.

He is a little small in stature for a safety in the NFL, NFL .com says 5' 11" and I'm guessing middle of the pact as far as speed goes. But no one can deny he's a player.