Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Athlon Sports Top 25 football preview explains why Florida ahead of Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageAthlon Sports Top 25 football preview explains why Florida ahead of Georgia

Georgia football brings back what should be the best defense in the nation, but Athlon Sports joined a growing list of prognosticators picking Florida

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd imagine the difference is UGA having to play Bama. That being said, it's tough to tell without even a Spring Game to see a preview of.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go ahead and make the Gators #1 so our beatdown is sweet in Jacksonville!

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

spring games are fluff pieces for the fans, not where decisions are made, that's practice, We're talking about "practice."

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BRING IT ON! We will get everyone's best shot in every game. Love me some Kirby Smart! He knows how to play the media commentary as good as anyone, and these Dawgs are gonna be fired up!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida has the schedule advantage. Florida has the QB advantage, but I think only from Trask having more time in the offense.

I will be surprised if Newman isn't playing better than Trask when the teams meet in Jacksonville.

It's all lined up for Florida, but they still have to get through that Georgia game to finish as SEC Eastern Divisional Champions.

Florida and Mullen are capable of beating every team on their schedule, but Mullen's offense simply doesn't stack up to Smarts defense. Even if it's a low scoring game, Smart's defense will do enough to keep Mullen's offense from scoring enough points.

Florida will enter the Georgia game no worse than 6-1 - Their only real challenge will be LSU.

Georgia will likely come into that game at 6-1, with a loss to Alabama. This means the Media will likely be pushing Florida and as a result Florida will likely have a higher ranking.

In the end it won't matter because Smart owns Mullen and that's not going to change this year or any time soon...

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guarantee there is no other game Mullen would rather win this season than the one against our beloved Dawgs. Rest assured that cocktail party will likely come down to a play or two, both teams will be fired-up like never before. I also believe the team that shows the most composure in the first quarter will get the victory. It will be very fun to watch. I pray this virus is defeated by that date too! God bless America and UGA.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA vs FL will be a tough game...it generally is. Mullen will employ every trick in his arsenal to finally beat the Dawgs...but to no avail. If UGA QB sync's with the offense as presented by Monken...Dawgs will take Bama and Fl. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the unassailable track record of intellectual honesty that you've provided on this site, I have to assume you've got a list of examples of Florida and Mullen demonstrating that they're better than Smart and Georgia. So I'm curious, what are they?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even more "experts" that have absolutely no clue..

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Go Dawgs! Let all these so called experts show all the love to Florida, they need it.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL Kirby isn't paying the head Goober any attention in that image above! Screw them Gainsville Goobers! Hope Kirby runs the score up on them circus clowns this year! Dawgs 130 - Goobers 0

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

A great former player said, and I am paraphrasing, “if you sleep on us, then we’re gonna wake you up!”. So bring on all these slights and disrespectful projections for our Dawgs — it’s fuel for the FIRE!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When has Kanell ever been right concerning the Dawgs? Never

Questionable offensive line and skill positions against the Dawg D? Laughable!

All UF has proven under Mullen is that the Gators are slightly better than KY!

Kirby is all about details! Mullen and his staff can't even get their offensive players in the correct wristbands for the biggest game of the season and it took an entire quarter to figure it out. UF and its "cohesive staff" is a positive for the Dawgs!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone needs to go back and rate UFs schedule when Spurrier was head coach. UGA wasn't very good then, UF frequently had the week off before UGA, UGA usually played Kentucky the week before, etc. Would be interesting to see. Spurrier only won one national championship, if memory serves me correctly, yet he is seen as such a great coach. Seems like he had one game a year that was a big challenge, FSU. I guess SEC is a challenge to any team and his SEC championships make him a great coach. I hope, in my lifetime, that Kirby wins at least two national championships. If Mullen doesn't win this year, he's in serious trouble. If Newman pans out, look out. The offense will match the defense and there will be no limits. Just hope we pull some magic in Tuscaloosa. Stay home, distance, wear a mask, and wash you hands frequently, so I can be with 90,000+ of my closest friends between the hedges come the fall. GO DAWGS

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's it, keep dissing " The Blind Squirrel "

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA has far superior talent & depth than UF. The only way UF wins is if Georgia turns the ball over multiple times OR Mullen creates a scheme of which Kirby does not adjust. Both are highly unlikely.