Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It’s not easy to narrow down my five most memorable UGA games

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageIt’s not easy to narrow down my five most memorable UGA games

There have been many unforgettable days cheering for the Dawgs, some of which truly are worth celebrating

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bill I love you but there is a bit of nostalgia in this piece. Not a single game from 2017 (Notre Dame and Rose Bowl) and the win in Jacksonville in 1997 should be in there.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Always love reading your articles Bill The King! Thank you!

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

natejaws, read the piece again. I specifically say this is limited to games I SAW IN PERSON! I did not see any of the games you mention in person. Sorry.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about a top 5 or 10 of Georgia shockers? Both Dawg wins and losses?

• Options
  • Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

So the Rose Bowl overtime comeback playoff win doesn’t even merit an honorable mention?

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

You didn’t go to the hobnail boot game, either. But you mentioned it.

• Options

Classof98: You must be thinking of a different Blawg. I didn't mention the "hobnail boot" game in this column. Because, again, I didn't attend it. I also didn't mention the Rose Bowl game for the same reason. Those have been mentioned in other Blawgs I've written, which dealt with great wins, great TV games, etc. But this one was about games I've attended.

• Options
    tglenn93tglenn93 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

Out of all the games I probably have seen in person I would say the blackout game vs auburn would be my number 1. Followed closely by the win against clemson in 2014. The thrashing of ms st in 2017 is probably 3rd. My favorite game I have ever watched (tv) would easily be the rose bowl against oklahoma, that was one of the best college football games I have ever seen. The win against lsu at home with aaron murray is up there as well.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was at #4  Georgia over Clemson, 27-12, Oct. 5, 1991 and #3. Georgia over Auburn, 45-20, Nov. 10, 2007, both very memorable games. I remember Soulja Boy at the AU game and thought it was cool/fun, the players were dancing in formation for the kickoff, the stadium was rocking. Shortly after the game, a few days later, someone showed Mark Richt the lyrics of the song and he said it would never be played again. It wasn't. One of my most favorite games that I attended was the UGA vs Auburn game in 1996, Cold day on the plains in Auburn, the tigers raced out to a big lead. It wasn't looking good. I had end zone seats and on one of Auburn's scores, the receiver continued to run out of the side of the end zone and I saw UGA jump up and try to bite him. I quickly pointed it out to my wife "did you see that?" You know the rest of the story, UGA fought it's way back into the game and on the last play of regulation, Bobo slung a long desperation pass to Corey Allen at the goal line, sending the game into overtime. The new rules for over time had recently been put into place and UGA made a 4th down stop during the 4th overtime to win the game. The comeback win, in Auburn's home stadium, is one of my all-time favorite games I attended.