Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia quarterback D'Wan Mathis fully cleared for game action after MRI

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia quarterback D'Wan Mathis fully cleared for game action after MRI

Georgia football quarterback D'Wan Mathis has been cleared for game action after undergoing an MRI one year after his emergency brain surgery

Read the full story here

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fantastic news.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news for Mr. Mathis, his family, and UGA. Best wishes, and best of luck in your future..GoDAWGS!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Praise God! I am so happy for the Mathis family. This is great news. All healing comes from the Lord.

Our QB room is full of studs. It will just be a matter of who gels best with the receivers and can quickly pick-up what Monken is laying down. Smart is also not going to start the QB that knows the playbook best. I have a feeling Smart is going to gamble more on talent this year. It is therefore my opinion that it is highly unlikely Stetson Bennett takes the field over Neman, Mathis or Beck.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m pulling for him to win the job. Praise God and Go Dawgs.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looking forward to seeing this young man compete. Don't discount being around the team, the playbook, the environment. He looked pretty good to me during G day.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am thrill D'Wan has been cleared to play, now he has to go out and earn some PT. It is gonna be harder under a new system, and with a crowded room, but it will be easier than recovering from brain surgery.

I hope that regardless of what shakes out this year that he doesn't bail out on us.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike Griffith dont start the bs talking about too many qbs in the room. Its this rumor mill reporting yall be doing to start this **** up. Its not just you its all of yall. I give it 2 weeks b4 one of yall report on a player mad in the qb room.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like D'Wan's chances this season and do not say the QB room is not crowded...it is: Newman, Daniels, D'Wan, Bennett, Beck, Priestly, Seter(?) and Sutherland. Seter indicates he wants to transfer out. There will be others once this is settled. Monken will be a major factor in the final selection.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! This young man is a dedicated Bulldog! Can't wait to watch D'Wan become Da Man and make the opposing defenses look silly! Keep working hard, D'Wan! We're all pulling for you!

GO DAWGS!

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been looking forward to this news, this day a long time.