Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Position Plus/Minus: A detailed look at the Georgia football quarterback position in 2020

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imagePosition Plus/Minus: A detailed look at the Georgia football quarterback position in 2020

Every Tuesday, we're going to take a deep dive on every Georgia position in the run-up to the 2020 season. Georgia figures to have one of the most talented teams in the country and the Bulldogs have a number of talented players across the board. But there are still some questions that have to be answered if the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am going with Newman.....the athlete...RPO...mobile...versatile. Daniels the pocket thrower till the defense gets to you and then what? Presumably that is how he got hurt in the first place. I cannot see an ACL-injured QB inspiring much confidence in an offense. Jamie is fully healed from his from what I read. Plus, Beck, D'Wan and Stetson are backing them up. The offensive line is the Achilles Heel if anything....lost some really good linemen. Three good returnees and some solid 2020 signees should help shore up the holes in the line. Coaching will be the measure of this year's efforts and results. Luke, Monken..etc. on the offense will tell us a lot early on. I feel Bama is the biggest early hurdle. VA will power up early but fade as the game deepens. UGA defense is just too much for them. Other than that...GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Having enough capable receivers should do wonders. Teams won't be able to double up on only one receiver and stack the box on almost every play against the run. I think Monken will be a huge improvement.

It will take a few games to get the offense running like a well oiled machine but I'm looking forward to seeing an improved offense to go along with the defense. .

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder how long we will have Monken. If he’s overqualified coming in the door, he will have plenty of options very quickly if we’re successful with him as OC.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All this fond remembering of our O-Line from 2019 is lost on me. I saw them regularly get beaten, particularly Mays, so I was never impressed by their performance. Sure, maybe on an individual talent level but not as a group. Maybe that is coaching but I never saw anything impressive about them. Our running backs could not go up the middle all season and every poster on here knows that when we saw the repeated middle runs, we were hollering at the coaches. It didn't work and that was all on the so called "Great Wall".

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has called plays at the NFL level, and been a successful college head coach, you're probably a little over qualified to be an offensive coordinator in the SEC. Record as head coach of Southern Miss: 2013, 1-11. 2014, 3-9. 2015, 9-5. In 2015 Southern Miss played in the Heart of Dallas Bowl game, and lost. So his successful head coaching stint was 13 wins and 25 losses, less than 50% win, lost. Would have had to won 18 games to be 50% successful. I'm not trying to put a damper on his hire, but when a sports writer declares he is more than over qualified to be an offensive coordinator, I for one haven't drunk the Kool-Aid. Qualified probably, but over qualified? Verdict is yet to be determined.