Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media spells out what Georgia football must do to become elite national title contender

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageNational media spells out what Georgia football must do to become elite national title contender

As of this moment, the college football season continues to look more and more like it will go on. The NCAA announced this week an updated plan as far as gearing up for the 2020 college football season. The Bulldogs have been holding voluntary workouts since June 8, and the team continues to work out and train in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with the assessment about being equal talent wise with bama and OSU, we have boat loads of talent that seem to disappear or dissipate in big games. Until we can figure out a way to stop stalling our offense, that will be our biggest downfall. Idc if we have a full class of five stars, if it can't be translated to the field, the talk about us and coming up short will only get worse and worse. And if kirby keeps bringing in talent like he has, and doesn't produce, screams will be heard for a replacement. They'd drop ft knox off to someone to bring us a championship if kirby can't get one. Just my opinion. Thoughts?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Player development and coaching is the key to any successful football program above and beyond 4 and 5 star recruits. We've had Top 5 recruiting classes for 4 years now under Kirby yet have only made the playoffs once. It's tough to make a 4-team playoff, but we've got the talent, the coaching, and with a little luck we'll make the playoffs this year. I'd be pretty darn happy if that happened. I'm hoping the stars will align and the new offense will gel quickly in order to have a shot at a Natty!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This past season the play of the offensive line was disappointing. I thought they played their best game vs Baylor though, who had a legit defense all season. I imagine Kirby is tough to work for, in a good way, so I'm optimistic about the offense with Coach Coley having moved on. It looks like the Monken and Newman show.....hope it's a hit!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Recruit at the highest level, CHECK

Develop the Talent, Check

UGA is an "Elite National Contender"

It is great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wear a mask...otherwise there won't be diddly.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nothing fresh here. Pretty lame recycled stuff. Demand more of yourself Connor. Effort, leg work, phone work, look for an angle, something fresh everytime. This stuff is months old, been through the wash far too many times already.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" I agree with the assessment about being equal talent wise with bama and OSU, we have boat loads of talent that seem to disappear or dissipate in big games."

I agree to a point. I watched(re-watched) the loss to SC last night. Horrible on many accounts. Jake had a bad game, Rodrigo missed an easy kick to tie the game. Kirby should have allowed Rodrigo to try to win the game earlier, instead they get a 5 yd. penalty for not being set moving them out of field goal range. SC D-line dominated our supposed Great Wall. Receivers running wrong routes and allowing passes to go right through their hands. Lack of imagination on offense. Glad Coley's gone but that game ****. SC running straight up the gut on us and we couldn't contain their running QB. Who needs a running QB right?

Bama goes into SC and annihilates them. LOL!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

reddawg...I could not re-watch that "game." It was one of UGA's worst losses! Fast forward....this is another team, new coaches, new players, better team potential all way round. If they get by Bama with a W...UGA will go all the way...maybe even if they don't get by Bama. I am predicting a banner day for Pickens and Zeus and the vaunted Dawg D!!! Big W for the Dawgs!! Let's roll.....!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A team could have 45 five star athletes on it's roster and still not win a Natty. Most of the players range from just 18 years of age to 22. still very young. They are developing not only their bodies but their brains to the speed of the game. Talent with coaching and development must be there, but the team has to jell together. UGA last won a National Title in 1980, due to a once in a lifetime RB committing to the Dawgs. Buck Belue as QB was mostly a manager of the game. I believe in the title game he was 2-13. The defense and Herschel won that game, along with the Irish turning the ball over time after time.