Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

James Williams: The 5-star ATH switches things up with his new top 2

SystemSystem Posts: 10,446 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageJames Williams: The 5-star ATH switches things up with his new top 2

A very elite target for Georgia in the 2021 recruiting cycle has made his decision. Where does 5-star safety James Williams plan to go to school? That will be one very stout defense which will now have the chance to line up the 6-foot-5 defender at the back end of their secondary.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Williams final pick is UGA. Looks like a great player.. GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Never heard of a 6'5" Safety! WOW! Please come to UGA.

• Options
    coachaaroncoachaaron Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophomore

Come to Athens James! A DAWG will bite you every day, but a hurricane only shows up a few times a year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

The kid has the skilz to go with the bod, no doubt. Hope he takes into consideration that at UGA he'll play against the best competition on the biggest stage on national tv every week. Not to mention a game day atmosphere second to none. Can't get that in Miami ! Man, I'm getting fired up just thinking about it !!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comparing Miami to UGA...really? His size alone as an athlete makes him a top pick. UGA will also give you preferred draft status... Miami never will. The Dawg House door is open...James. Join UGA ..an SEC elite... as an elite athlete!!! Great combo!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Luck James and I hope to see you in red and black playing between the Hedges. Hopefully you will become a Dawg soon and help with recruiting. Go Dawgs and Go James (to Athens)!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Excellent hands & athleticism, average lateral movement, a man among boys...If he can play safety at a D1 with that size, he will be a top ten pick in the draft. I think he may be better suited as a receiver, just my opinion.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawg365, maybe a little both ways, a la Champ Bailey.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

James could get on the field early at Miami, but the only way he would get off the field is in a body bag. With UGA's depth and coaching, there is always plenty of tread left when players make the move to the NFL.