Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Making a case for why Georgia football and Oklahoma are more similar than meets the eye

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageMaking a case for why Georgia football and Oklahoma are more similar than meets the eye

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football and Oklahoma have more in common than meets the eye If you asked college football fans to find

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have heard this sentiment before and I would have to respectfully disagree with "fortunate". The field goal to close out the half (and the squib to get the opportunity) was absolutely a big play, but if we are going to call that play fortunate then I would counter that Oklahoma was very fortunate to get that fumble when Michel had the ball well secured and the corners helmet hit it just right. If you look at the events of the second half before and after that play we probably win by 2 touches if that play goes differently, and Michel was never careless with the football. In the end those plays did happen, and our boys came out on top in one heckuva game.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only coach I would compare Riley to is Ryan Day. Kirby had to build the coaching staff, completely change how we were recruiting, and get old players to buy in. His biggest win to me so far is keeping chubb and michel on after a totally terrible 2016. If we didn't have those 2 in 2017, no way he would've gotten as far as he did. They just don't make them those like 2 anymore. Riley and Ryan inherited full blown rosters and made small changes to their coaching staffs and they were set.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lol, stories must be slow if we are already previewing the matchup between UGA and OU for 2023 or by some slim chance they meet this year! Hahahahahaha

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They are similar. Both highly successful young head coaches. Kirby sure does have a much tougher road to the play-offs. But that's life in the SEC...

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Rose Bowl game ranks in the top 5 of exciting UGA games that I have witnessed (TV and in person). Number 1, in my list, is "Run Lindsey, Run", number 2 is probably the "Flea Flicker" that I witnessed in person. 1980 NC game in there along with the "Hobnail Boot".