Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former All-American expects UGA offensive line to remain a strength despite departures

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer All-American expects UGA offensive line to remain a strength despite departures

One of the hallmarks of Georgia under coach Kirby Smart has been a big, physical offensive line. Despite the offseason departure of offensive line coach Sam Pittman -- who became head coach at Arkansas -- and the loss of three starters to the NFL draft, expectations remain high that the Bulldogs can field a

Read the full story here

Comments

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After watching the new guys handle the Baylor defense, I can't understand the negativity towards the offensive line. I have never thought it would be a weakness but many so called "experts" continue to question our returning talent there. With the additions at receiver and quarterback, I don't see any real weakness on this team. Go DAWGS!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@rhbatch,

I totally agree and think the OL will be a strength....not a weakness. Throw in Coach Luke (who is an amazing coach) and I’m pumped about the future of our OL. Go Dawgs!!!

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

In the words of Isaiah Wilson “if you are sleeping on the offensive line, they are going to wake you up!”

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Truth be told, it was not a "strength" last year, I would not necessarily call it a "weaknesses" either, but with the lack of a mobile QB and an offensive philosophy of just lining up and trying to steamroll the opponent, it certainly did not work at optimum levels last season. I realized that when the Gamecocks DL pushed us around for 4 quarters with 3* talent.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scenario: If your opposing team cannot score but you cannot either...stalemate. That is why Blankenship was so important to UGA's offense. Defense can keep you in the game and even win games scoring...but the offense, too must be able to post points. UGA has stumbled some on offense in the past. Many contributing factors: lack of QB mobility, slow responding OL, lack of the pass-option play....even coaching. Fast forward....Enter Matt Luke in Baylor game. Hey...new team! What? Dawgs slugging it out on Offense, getting first step on DL! Directing not being directed...true..watch the tape. Who is this guy from Ole Miss? He's making newbies look like vets. Matt Luke was a sensational hire. Smart knew Matt and grabbed him....then Todd Monken...to put I feel a lot more air in the mix....! UGA is moving forward. I like it.! Our offense will be just fine.