Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this mostly in one region of Mississippi or is the whole state getting hit?

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I try very hard to focus on facts, try to explain and ignore the personal attacks. Below is the whistleblowers that I use

The 4,073,243 is confirmed cases reported as at 2:35 pm today. The 48,794,970 is the "Total Test Results US" as at end yesterday. The Florida numbers are hard to see but are Cases 402,312; Tests 3,210,492

It would be greatly appreciated if you would block me for our mutual benefit.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

Whole state. 30 counties under mandatory masks and number of people allowed to gather. More counties or statewide restrictions not far off.

The above is for my 6 county area to date and daily for July 23 the cases reported in the following: Jackson County (97), Harrison County (66), George County (18), Hancock County (16), Pearl River County (11), and Stone County (5

I am in Harrison, but Hancock is directly to my West and Jackson to my East

• Options

Statewide numbers

• Options
  • Options

Especially for a state with a small population. Numbers are climbing at a steady rate, no such thing as flatten the curve.....

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would prefer to see the numbers going in a different direction also but I also believe that people should level with us and tell us what the plan is to turn it around. I don't want someone telling me that things are expect the situation will continue to improve. In sports high score wins; in a pandemic it does not.

• Options

Well said. All is good until it affects you or someone close to you. My older sister is one of the this is a "hoax" type deal. She asked me if I knew of anyone infected and I told her I personally knew/witnessed at least 40 cases just here. She was shocked to say the least.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

She says it was documented in emails. Florida owns the emails. Why not make all of the emails public and clear this up? Her colleagues are apparently standing up for her according to the article you linked.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Its also sad that people will so fervently protect a" ....sexual predator.😂😂

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I've learned from this thread......

1. The numbers being reported are accurate and to be believed. Until it is reported that deaths may be under reported to help reopening......then it makes sense that there may be discrepancies.

2. As a country of 350,000,000 we are unable to set up temporary hospitals to help the overflow patients of Covid......and when we are able to actually set up temporary hospitals...... we are told there are not enough qualified people out of 350,000,000 to care for them......unless we use retired butchers.

3. Although numerous physicians are having success using different drug cocktails and vitamins to keep people alive......they are discouraged from sharing the info......and occasionally ridiculed by certain media.....because the drug cocktail hasn't gone through extensive testing.

4. Although this disease is almost exclusively killing just 15% of the population..... we are unable to help protect that vulnerable population without stopping everything else in America. And if you suggest something like this then you are being cavalier about those that have died.

5. Although this disease is having very little effect on children.....we aren't able to open schools or participate in sports.... so we can keep the children safe......and of course it's also about keeping the teachers safe. Although doctors, nurses, grocery clerks, home depot/lowes/walmart workers and countless other workers are able to return to work. And these workers face more of the population that haven't gone through extensive screening every morning like students will go through.

6. We are not able to set up fast testing results for the more accurate testing. ...in certain doctors offices and clinics .....because it is much too complex and expensive.

7. But the best one is.... we are all better off staying inside and self quarantining to help this virus die down.... unless of course you have a legitimate protest or riot to attend.....because that is certainly more important than quarantining.

It's really incredible all the things this country is unable or unwilling to do. It's almost as if we've lost the roll up our sleeve and find solutions mentality.

And although it is difficult and takes time to find solutions for all these issues our country has never faced......many in our country still find it very easy to place almost all the blame on one person.

AWESOME!!!!!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Pretty sure "the blame" is spread across the board. Take the politics away Tex. Last warning..

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Enjoyed the post, @texdawg, and point #7 rang extremely true with me. I'm not taking sides on any of the protests (mask wearing, school teachers, BLM, Antifa etc.) but appreciate and am saddened by the irony and truth contained in that statement.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do what you have to do.......seems odd I'm being the one called out for being political.

This discussion has been closed.