Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey: College football running out of time to get things right

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageSEC commissioner Greg Sankey: College football running out of time to get things right

Commissioner Greg Sankey won't allow himself to be pressured into doing anything he doesn't believe is best for the Southeastern Conference

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sankey: “And the reality right now is the trends in our region, in our nation, are not in the positive direction for being able to have normal experiences.” I reckon UGA takes it one day at a time...Wednesday UGA coaches can workout with the team. But Monday the SEC commissioners meet...that should tell us more. I really cannot see UGA vs VA at M-B Stadium with no fans! Right, it makes no " sense or (dollars)." Sankey is remaining steadfast with his late July decision on the SEC's season.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

the writing is on the wall, but most just refuse to see it......see yall in 2021, hopefully.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

We are just delaying the inevitable, the season is going to be cancelled and should be cancelled for the safety of the athletes. All sports just need to take a redshirt year and come back next fall, I know that won’t work bc of the 85 scholarship max, but its the situation we are in. Plus football wouldn’t be as exciting with no fans in the stands or the game-day environment here in Athens.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have read about several teams with players testing positive (Clemson for one) and nothing about how serious any of the infections have been or continue to be. I'm sure that if any football player has (had) serious complications, the news would be awash with the sensationalized reports.