Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey issues official statement regarding status of 2020 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageSEC commissioner Greg Sankey issues official statement regarding status of 2020 season

The 14 athletic directors met in person at the SEC offices on Monday to discuss the upcoming 2020 season along with SEC commissioner Greg Sankey. The meeting comes just days after both the Big Ten and Pac-12 announced it would be moving towards conference only games for the fall season. Sankey made it clear that

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tBone80tBone80 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Not completely convinced that South Carolina is as adamant about playing Clemson as Georgia is about playing Tech. I could be wrong...! Nice argument, anyway.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate to say it but it doesn't look like there will be football in the fall.

• Options
    softballcoachsoftballcoach Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Can someone educate me how COVID-19 can impact players in a non-conference game rather than a conference game?!?

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Same here. In the PAC-12 for instance, why is it okay for the Arizona and Washington schools to travel to each other (approximately 1100 miles), but it isn't okay for New Mexico to travel to Southern Cal (approximately 666 miles)? Or does distance not have anything to do with the decision?

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

It seems there are no mavericks that remain. Sankey is a squishy, would be politician. With him at the helm, I'm growing less and less optimistic that we'll play football in 2020.

• Options
    bhdawgbhdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Sankey. Would be a good politician. Finebaum asked a lot of questions but Sankey would not be cornered he even quoted Gov. Cuomo of NY. Strange he would that.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S(2018), highest death toll in 40 years. Did we shut anything down? Was it even mentioned on the news? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nobody wants CFB this year more than I do. Unfortunately, I don't see any positive movement over the last 3-4 weeks to indicate that we'll have it. There are only 2+ weeks left to see national and/or regional improvement in the numbers before the powers that be pull the plug. Please, God, let the season happen! I want all folks to be safe, AND CFB would do a lot for many folks' mental and emotional health, mine included. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

We had 80k deaths from flu with practically no extra avoidance efforts. We have already lost 138k to Covid-19 with lots of mitigation efforts. We cannot compare the two.

If an individual wants to go to a party or a crowded situation, that's their right. But, a university has to consider the implications of hosting an event that the science says will put thousands of people at great risk.