Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama gets jump on Georgia if SEC chooses conference-plus one schedule model

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageAlabama gets jump on Georgia if SEC chooses conference-plus one schedule model

There are several scheduling options still on the table for the SEC, none yet decided upon, but one popular scenario would give Alabama an upper hand over Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As strange as this 2020 has been, I'll just take what ever football comes along. We have so much information and very little of it is useful. I'm 72 so I stay home a lot and do wear a mask when I go to the liquor store....even though the box clearly states it is not a medical device and does not provide protections against viruses, just droplets and dust. Selah. Selfishly, as Mick Jagger sort of said, "I want my UGA!"

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder what date will they choose to announce that there will be no college football in 2020?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Alabama gets an opening week game and the Dawgs don't, Georgia would likely have to play that extra game on the back end of the schedule. Would that play out as a bye week - giving Bama an extra week to prepare for GA in the SEC Championship?

Why do I feel like UGA is about to get screwed 'again' by the SEC...

The SEC needs to even that up. It's one thing if GA gets a disadvantage on the front end. It will be another if they award Bama an extra week of practice before the It Just Means More Championship...

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meh... Another way to view that is we would be more fresh than them.

• Options
    DAWGS34DAWGS34 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

I would prefer playing VA the opening week with a week off before bama as opposed to opening with bama and playing tech. also, not playing tech would mean last week off before SEC champ game assuming we make it. So, dump tech and play VA!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Covid is causing the SEC to scramble...but not yet. UGA should be ready to move but let's wait for Sankey and then McGarity.

PS - I do not like GA Tech as the non-conference tilt.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McGarity is the idiot here. I know Tech has a long history, but really? After last year, do you think Tech is going to be that much more competitive? I say play VA and if GA makes the SEC title game, they get an extra week off, duh. It's really not rocket science here McGarity. Sometimes doing what is best for the program is more important than a rivalry.