Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN's Jordan Rodgers: Georgia football unknowns could lead to losses to Alabama, Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageESPN's Jordan Rodgers: Georgia football unknowns could lead to losses to Alabama, Florida

ESPN analyst Jordan Rodgers has doubts about Georgia's ability to come together quickly on offense but says if UGA can get by Florida, the Bulldogs will make the College Football Playoffs

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg19801958Dawg19801958 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Granted UGA has two question marks on the Offensive side with a new QB and OC, but the way Rodgers frames this article one would think Fla has beaten the Dawgs three straight years and the Dawgs are trying to pull even....Not! All UGA has to do is kick a field goal or socre a safety to beat the Gators, cause they are going to get shut out by our D!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was just about to say something very similar. It's odd how Rogers says Georgia is "so close" to Florida. I get that the media has gotten bored with the Dawgs' dominance of the division and are hoping for some other program to come along and shake things up, but Rogers actually seems to have convinced himself that Florida somehow is the better team. There's a hot take, and there's the just plain baffling.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, talk about hedging your bets! lol

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

Florida in my opinion will regress from last year. Ok, the qb is ok, not the power player that everyone is thinking, the defense I believe will not be as good as last years. I don’t understand all of this talk about Tennessee being a competitor this year. Am I just being click baited?

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok so we beat the Gators 3-0!! Still a win!! Go Dawgs

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2020

Exactly ScoreCheck! Jordan Rodgers reminds me of a weather man..."50% chance of rain today." Seriously, that should be illegal. You should just kick me in the testicles and say "pack an umbrella or don't."

Look, every team is going to be green after a few games because every team has question marks , new players, new personnel. LSU last year, heralded the greatest modern football team ever had several question marks going into 2019. The level of talent between UGA and BAMA are virtually identical. That game could go either way but BAMA does have home field advantage and has more returning starters on offense-advantage BAMA. Florida and Tennessee on the other hand have fewer blue-chips. I believe the Florida game will be decided by less than a TD but UGA will indeed come out on top. And, I predict Mullen will FINALLY be gracious and humble in defeat. He won't repeat the post-game press conference line- "the difference between UGA and Florida is one touchdown." You can't lose four years in a row and not be humbled.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bless his heart.

I find myself saying that every time Jordan Rodgers opens his mouth.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His biggest claim to fame is being related to Aaron Rodgers.. Not as a football "expert". How many times did you beat uf or any decent team jordan? Anyone could be a good QB at the other "powerhouse" program in Tennessee 😂 Anchors Away..

• Options
    MinterDawgMinterDawg Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

These "analyst" talks about our Dawg's defense being elite, and then says, “They are so close to Florida,” Rodgers said.... Close in proximity? Close in tiddly winks? Trask is now the QB that's going to lead them to the promise land?? He wouldn't have seen the field if Franks didn't get hurt... The offensive guru and famed QB whisperer sure nailed that one.....please.....and in my opinion, Trask was the better QB of the two. ....Our Dawgs only have to score 11 to beat all the East teams...

Once Georgia beats Florida again this year, who will these talking heads go with next year?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs win, Dawgs win, Dawgs win. Take it to the bank.