Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Atlanta Braves Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh man, that game...

MVFreeeee to the rescue!

• Options
    Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

Wow. That was such a playoff game the Braves would have lost for the last 15 yrs. Maybe this post-season will be different. Have to love taking their best shot with Bauer but still scratching out a win.

• Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man that was something else!!!

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I actually like Bauer. He's just a weird guy, but he's authentic. It's not an act, just a ****. I'll take that over some of the robots.

• Options
    TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tomorrow/possibly Friday will be huge. If Anderson (and to a lesser extent, Wright) can perform in the playoffs as rookies then we could make a run. Would also be huge for those guys’ development. Tomorrow, we will see what Anderson is really made of. Go Braves

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Respect Atlanta. 😂

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great win for the home team. Brutally tough for the other guys. Hopefully they don't get off the mat tomorrow.

12:08 start again. Anderson vs. Castillo

• Options
    dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm just waiting for the inevitable slide in production that will occur when our weak rotation is exposed. Hoping we can produce runs consistently to keep up the wins but I am not betting on anything.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah advanced analytics say it’s not a useful strategy. Also, people think bunting is like an automatic thing but bunting is low key pretty hard and not many have that skill these days.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. I get frustrated when a major leaguer fails to successfully bunt, especially with 2 or 3 tries in an AB.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the only time advanced analytics says to bunt is when runners are first and second and no outs (and these stats aren't that advanced, it just took teams who did and didn't bunt and averaged the runs scored, those that chose not to bunt scored more runs in those innings bunting situations came up).