Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Winners and losers if SEC goes to cross division rotation schedule model

SystemSystem Posts: 10,527 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Winners and losers if SEC goes to cross division rotation schedule model

ATHENS — Most everyone agreed college football would need a different look this season amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Not surprisingly, now that it’s happening few seem comfortable with the makeover. The SEC announced it would play a 10-game, conference-only schedule with its season slated to start on Sept. 26. RELATED:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

IF THIS SEASON IS PLAYED, the winner will forever have an asterisk applied to their name. On the other hand, it would have to be the only chance for a team to have 10+ SEC wins. If there's a 4 team playoff at the end of the season, is there any chance two SEC teams make the cut - even if the two best SEC teams end up looking like the two best teams in the country? The SEC schedule is always a meat grinder and there will not be any tuneup or ease-up games with lesser opponents this year, Injuries will factor large, and teams that have a plan to rest players and get more players more experience should be at an advantage.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

While I'm getting to the point where I really don't care, the decision made by the SEC, Pac-12, ACC, etc .. to play conference only schedules makes no sense at all. It's ok for a team to spend all day traveling half way across the country, using multiple travel facilities & modes of transportation just to play a conference game, yet we are cancelling games against non-conference foes that are a 60 minute bus ride away, with no need for hotels, other facilities or multiple modes of travel? Like everything else that has transpired over the past 7 months, this is totally illogical. If it's safe to travel 500-900 miles to play a game, then it certainly should be even more so to travel 70 miles down the road.

It's time to get a grip on reality, circle the wagons, weed out all the BS and stop allowing sensationalized media driven fear be the basis of our decisions. It's either safe to play the game or it's not.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will be one TOUGH season playing an all SEC conference schedule. I agree on the injuries. But the pandemic rules and this is what it is. Still awaiting the final scheduling options. Adding two mystery teams??? Not sure about that.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Blackwolf3160Blackwolf3160 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Betheredge, Shh! You're making too much sense at a time when sense has taken a bye-year, and common stopped being so decades ago. Just like all the lockdown orders, all it takes is one and we're off to the races again. So the individuals who thought going to a "We're only going to play OUR guys!" schedule took a nosedive off of the moron tree and hit every branch on the way down, they accomplished NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, well, except for screwing up the 2020 college football season. Oh well, maybe we'll actually have college football again in a decade or so, but I doubt we'll have a season at all this year. I guess we'll just have to settle for watching politicians play political football with a bug for now. I do have a question though, the Corona virus has been around probably as long as man, this isn't the 1st strain of it, the "geniuses" haven't figured it out yet, so what about next year, or the year after that, or the next strain, or the one after that... etc.? Of course I hope I'm wrong and we do have a season and our Dawgs chew butt all the way to that elusive National Championship. As for any **** asterisk, it won't be the first or last one, they didn't always play a 12 game season and, drum roll, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks, it's the SEC we're talking about!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Florida will only have 4 road games and UGa will only have 4 home games. UGa is the only SEC team with a “home and away” disadvantage and Florida the only one with an advantage. Not good.

Go Dawgs!!!