Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Correct formatting of new schedules

dawgkeeperdawgkeeper Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA and the other teams should be granted this new schedule format.. It allows for further delays without jeordizing the division match ups as well as preserves as many previously scheduled dates as possible.

9/26/20​ New West Home Opponent

10/3/20​ New West Road Opponent

10/10/20 ​Crossover Rotational Opponent -Bama

10/17/20​ Crossover Traditional Opponent -Auburn

10/24/20​ Open

10/31/20​ Florida

11/7/20​ South Carolina

11/14/20​ Tennessee

11/21/20​ Kentucky

11/28/20​ Vanderbilt

12/5/20​ Missouri

12/12/20​ Open

12/19/20​Atlanta​​SEC Championship

Comments

• Options

Let’s call it the 4&6

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama and Auburn in back to back weeks. That's rough.

• Options
    PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

That format won't happen. There will never be a schedule where all the team are off on the same date midseason.

• Options

Yeah CBS would have a fit. The intent is to have the open date float from team to team based on their previously scheduled open date.

• Options

The key would be to get the west ( cross divisional ) games on the schedule first so that the divisional games don’t get interrupted if we have another delay.

• Options
    ChambuloChambulo Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think you schedule the division games first and if a delay happens you can cancel the cross over games and reschedule the division games for later.

If you schedule the division games last and need to delay them due to an outbreak or something, there is no flexibility to do so because you've run out of Saturdays.

Isn't this a big reason why everyone is going to conference only schedules, greater control and flexibility over scheduling?

• Options
    PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you want minimize the impact of a delay, you should do exactly the opposite of what you propose. Div games first so that you have a higher chance of getting them played.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Whatever is gonna happen it’s gonna be tough. 10 weeks of SEC only games is tough. That’s why we need CFP expansion. Doubt any SEC team is going undefeated this year. I also doubt that anyone is gonna challenge Clemson, Ohio St, or Oklahoma. Our worst nightmare is Oregon going undefeated along with the above mentioned teams. Then at the end of the year we wanna have a CCG in order to cannibalize 1 of our top 2 teams. Y’all realize that The SEC usually always has 2 teams in the top 5 heading into CCG Week. No other conference has that. They need CCG to boost their schedule strength.

• Options

Depends what you think is more likely. Further delay to the start of the season or a mid-season conference-wide outbreak. If an outbreak is less than conference-wide, then we are likely seeing forfeitures not another rescheduling exercise. A conference-wide Mid-season shutdown for a couple weeks isn’t likely going help or happen so we are then moving the SECCG any way.

• Options

I bet the SEC schedule looks more like this than anything else published.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama and Auburn juxtapositioned??? Talk about injuries. This cannot happen. Next Open, then FL??? Good grief. Dawgs win these and they are No 1! I can see them winning, though, yes I can.

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any rumblings on who the two West teams Georgia will add? Gotta be some leaks out there somewhere.

• Options

Next two West teams up makes the most sense, Anything else would be catering to the ADs with the most whiney voice. McGarity never wins with those big babies stopping their feet!

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would you rather we get LSU and FL has to take Bama? Or we keep our next two and FL gets out of the Bama game?

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont care who we get, I wont complain of how hard the schedule is either. I'll take tex am and lsu and smile at how epic the season will be.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm on the same page.

Last year, LSU had to go through Texas, Florida, Auburn, Bama, A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson.

Bring it on.

• Options

I Guess McGarity got a partial win today?