Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: 10 instant reactions to Georgia's new 2020 schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: 10 instant reactions to Georgia's new 2020 schedule

Georgia football now knows its 10 opponents for the 2020 season after the SEC announced on Friday the two additional opponents that would get added to each schedule. For Georgia, it ended up working in its favor, with the Bulldogs getting a road game at Arkansas and a home game against Mississippi State. While those

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn and Bama are staring me in the face! Need to come out 2 and 0. Those are rough games to intro a season...expect injuries, especially the way off-season has progressed. And, follow-up with Mizzou....no slouch. UGA has a tremendous cast of players this year. I am eager to see how they come together as a unit. Coaching time has been cut short. I believe the O-line under the masterful hand of Matt Luke will perform better than most have been predicting. Monken as well will open up the offense a whole lot more than in the immediate past with the addition of experienced and more mobile RPO QBs in Jamie Newman and JT Daniels. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The additions of Arkansas and Miss St. are nice and all, but I still have some concerns about this schedule. Namely, that we're breaking in both a new QB and a new OC, with limited inter-season prep time, and two of our three toughest games are in the first two weeks. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but it could very well be that the offense doesn't really get figured out in the first half of the season. That generally seems to be the way these things usually go.

Another thing that's got me a bit salty is the scheduling situation with Auburn specifically. Not only did they get the extra home game back when, but now as a direct result of that, they get the added benefit of not having to deal with a hyped up atmosphere when they come to Athens this year. But of course when they wanted an upgrade to they're scheduling, all they had to do was ask. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to settle for beating them for like the 9th time in the last 10 years or whatever it's been.

• Options
    JimmyJoeMeekerJimmyJoeMeeker Posts: 8 ✭✭ Sophomore

That is not an official schedule listed in the article, the SEC hasn't released the schedules yet.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Just skimmed the article, thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully my presumption about the first two weeks was incorrect.