Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

If Steve Spurrier won your party's nomination for a public office, would you vote for him?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CTBulldogCTBulldog Posts: 100 ✭ Freshman
    No

No, but I probably wouldn't vote for Kirby either. Most football coaches are pretty singular in their thinking. It's football, family, maybe church and their hobbies. I think a good public servant needs a history of being engaged in thinking about public policies.

• Options
    fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    No

No

Spurrier = asshat

• Options
    rennerrenner Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior
    No

Not a chance in 🔥

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

No. No. No. I’d sooner vote for the love child of Mitt Romney and Nancy Pelosi than vote for Spurrier.

• Options
    ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

I usually enjoyed watching him throw his hat....but not in the ring.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No

Especially if he was running for Dawg Catcher.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    No

I can’t vote for the devil.

• Options
    DawgbiteDawgbite Posts: 18 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Yes

Yes. If he can manage a locker room, then he can manage a docket.

• Options
    DaddyMackDaddyMack Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman
    edited August 2020
    No

Please forgive my initial reply to this if you happened to read it! I got political which doesnt belong in this forum! Football is already an extremely heated and emotional topic at times. No sense in adding fuel to the fire talking about unrelated issues! SORRY🤐😇

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would depend on how his platform aligned with mine on the issues. As far as I know he doesn't have any character defect. So if I agreed with him more than I agreed with his opponent I'd probably vote for him. I wouldn't vote for him just because he's my party's nominee.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

Can I change my mind now??? I made a mistake

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

Depends on what he thinks on the issues. I know one thing’s for sure, his press conferences would be fun.

• Options
    DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

My voting recommendation

No matter who the candates are, do this:

Read each Party's Platform Statement and take notes as to what they intend to support/do. Next, vote your conscience 😊

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

What if Kirby ran?

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate