Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia freshman DB Kelee Ringo to undergo shoulder surgery, 'blessing in disguise'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia freshman DB Kelee Ringo to undergo shoulder surgery, 'blessing in disguise'

Georgia football freshman defensive back Kelee Ringo, a 5-star prospect, has shoulder injury, expected to undergo shoulder surgery

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get well soon Kelee and who knows......there is a possibility (even though no one wants to hear it) that you can play during the Spring football season if that’s the way it pans-out. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best wishes for a speedy, and full recovery young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2020

We don't know a lot from this article.....Is is major reconstructive surgery?...or is it just a very minor tear of some sort and he would be back in a few weeks......who knows......

I will say, although they won't admit to anything, that the mind set going forward it that there will be no more football until, at the very least, fall 2021......Also the smart coaches out there are adjusting recruiting based on this same information

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just had shoulder surgery two days ago. Partial rotator cuff tear. Kelee, I hope and pray yours is minimal as well. Wish you a quick recovery.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looks like the injury bug has been active even on top of Corona-Virus.

3 incoming freshmen having surgery, and another with a leg injury that may heal without surgery, someone should develop an anti-injury vaccine.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way things seem to be boding for a Sept. start, these injuries will be healed and then some. Top medical officials are predicting a heavy flu season combined with the covid virus this fall, which will likely nix the season. Sankey is waiting a little deeper into the end of summer, early fall, I suspect, to make the call. Couple of conferences already pulled out.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We live in Scottsdale and my son told me this yesterday. He saw an Instagram picture of Kelee in his scubs prior to surgery. Supposedly a torn labrum.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish Kellee a swift and complete recovery, if this was a preexisting issue I guess we would've learned about it during the missed spring camp.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I must have missed the part saying why it is a blessing in disguise.