Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Good news! College Football Playoff committee says it's ready for upcoming season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGood news! College Football Playoff committee says it's ready for upcoming season

While the Big Ten and PAC-12 will not be playing this fall, the other three Power 5 conferences seem to be moving forward with plans for a 2020 season. The Big 12 and ACC have announced schedules for the  2020 season, while the SEC is set to announce its schedule next week. As for what comes after the conference

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope the Small10 eat crow on this season. At least two of the playoff teams will come from the SEC this year, if we get that far!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can all have our opinions on this, but the way things stand now there could be 2 national champions crowned this year. Why can’t the Big10 and Pac12 along with the 8+ conferences who have postponed along with independents have their own Spring National Championship? There are a Bunch of top 10 teams in that mix including Ohio State, Penn State and Oregon. This is a mess, but my gut feeling is the ACC will bail and that will really screw things up. Oh well, we are in strange times. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, but the problem is that there will be an asterisk beside the year 2020 and people will say "Yeah, but...".

So, you know that it'll be Georgia's year to win the NC and then everyone won't give us our full due. Sigh.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, but without players like Justin Fields and others who declare for the draft, what will their teams actually look like?

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I say fine.....Let's go ahead with the season...However I say...You want a season? Let's play the full 12 game schedule and allow 93K into Sanford

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do we all know this: The chance of "dying" of the Covid-19 virus, if you are under the age of 22, is mathematically ZERO. It is less than one-hundredth of one percent, In scientific terms, it is -0-!

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh, gee, if UGA wins a Natty, it won't count because there are teams who won't be playing. **** cares. I'll say this - I'll take the SEC championship and the National Championship - if we should be so blessed. The game is played on the field and, if you don't show up....

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

One final comment here....From what I am seeing here they are not presenting a very good argument about having a college football season. In fact, it sounds like they are trying to justify it....Be it as it may, someone has to come forward and approve the 2020 season. That gentleman's name is Greg Sankey. If he does this then he has to take full responsibility if things start to go south in a hurry....just saying...I know I'm glad it's not up to me