Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC coaches teleconference was full of drama, 'would have been a good piece of reality TV'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageSEC coaches teleconference was full of drama, 'would have been a good piece of reality TV'

Do you miss SEC football drama? Apparently there was a lot of good old-fashioned chatter during a conference call this week between the league’s football coaches. The hot topic: Frustration by at least five SEC coaches on the lack of transparency by the league with regards to the inability to produce a “formula” for

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, I'm sure $$$ was involved. The most fair thing would've been a teleconferenced event where they picked teams out of a hat.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like Dan Mullen and Gus Malzahn were up to their usual whining.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stop. UGA did not "catch a break" with the scheduling. We were already playing the west's top 2 teams (I think LSU falls way down). There wasn't much more to really add.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys, I have obtained exclusive teleconference video of head Goobers coach, Dan Malarkey. As you can see from this video, Danny got pretty tore up about their schedule, and flat out went ballistic! Ol' boy is something else, I tell you. SMH!

Shortly after, Kirby gave him a call and promised not to run the score up on them in Jacksonville this year.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You get what you get and don’t pitch a fit.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it should be seeding.....All teams in both divisions should be seeded and, at the very least in your four games, you should have to play your seed and no lower then the next seed down for two of the games

Anyway, all of this said, I'm not convinced that we will play.....That will be up to Sankey...and he knows that no matter what happens he will get all of the credit

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2020

Well..... if this is the case then what is the advantage of a Georgia-Arkansas match up...Would you not make much more money with Georgia-LSU?

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Formula=Nick Saben gets what Nick Saben wants, Mullen and the stinkin' Gators benefited as a biproduct of the formula

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Fair is fair. At the very least, the coaches deserve to know how the scheduling decisions were made. Why is that information being kept from them? They may not be able to do anything about it, but the league should be transparent about it. In Georgia's case, I figured the league just did what made the most sense. We are already playing Auburn and Alabama. We played A&M last year and LSU the year before plus in the championship game last year, so I assumed that took both of those teams out of the mix -- leaving the two Mississippi schools and Arkansas to choose from. I don't know if that's how the league did it, and I don't know if it worked the same way for all the other schools, but in Georgia's case, that seemed like a logical approach. But in event, the coaches have a right to know how the scheduling was done.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

In all seriousness, this is why I think they're being quiet about it.

1. They do not want any one team to be forced into playing the "big 3" from either side. The 3 from the west being LSU, Bama, AU, and the 3 from the east being UT, UF, and UGA.
    2. With the above in mind, the real reason they're quiet is they do not want to openly admit who the big 3 are.