Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia AD 'confidence level high' for football season; Source shares keys

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia AD 'confidence level high' for football season; Source shares keys

Georgia football athletic director Greg McGarity has confidence in his programs and is optimistic we will see fall sports

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The political motives behind the B1G- Pac-12 canceling football while still allowing students in classes are obvious.

It's going to be interesting seeing how that effects their recruiting. Especially for players from the South.

Looks like when it comes to the B1G and the Pac-12, the upcoming Election Just Means More...

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, I didn’t know Idaho and Wyoming were blue states, and Virginia is now a red state? So, who is trying to make this political?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JimmyBob, last I knew Virginia and Virginia Tech were still in the ACC, and the ACC still plans to play football.

So, they can go to class, but they can't play football... And you think that's logical? And not politically motivated...

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2020

I'm wondering if time goes buy and cases begin to taper off...will the BIg 10 reverse course? I didn't include the PAC 12 because I don't think they would. But I could see the Big 10 knuckling under to outside pressure to play. Who knows? I live in PAC-12 country (my son goes to ASU), but I could care less if they play. Tempe is kind of cool though....when it's not 118 degrees like today.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pressures certainly are motivated by politics, the all-encompassing word for what is happening with conference choices...to some extent. Viewers cipher the pandemic to mean to them what they believe to be truth from the input they receive...that includes SEC Comissioner Sankey and AG McGarity. Do you play with educated caution or lock down to lessen exposure? Well, this is football...I say play with the implemented caution and testing. UGA has the finest medical staff in the game. PLAY BALL.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's all up to Sankey. The real questions are: Is Sankey ready to take the sole responsibility for giving the go ahead on the season. The next question is How many deaths among students, coaches, fans, locals in the various towns, families of players, coaches and fans are they willing to say is acceptable for the opportunity to play this year?

If the answer is "Yes" and "Don't know or don't care"...then I say, by all means play...and not just some abbreviated schedule but the entire schedule....and allow everyone into the stadiums with no restrictions.......

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All or nothing, no in between? Gotcha