Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football stock report: New offense impressed, but scrimmage had distraction, disappointments

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football stock report: New offense impressed, but scrimmage had distraction, disappointments

ATHENS — It was only one fall scrimmage, but it was about as big as an one fall scrimmage Kirby Smart has been a part of as a player or coach. The COVID-19 pandemic wiped out all of Georgia football’s designed spring practice dates and limited offseason work to conditioning sessions, Zoom meetings and walk-through

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I say the first scrimmage brought out the best in the players post practice. Monken and Luke got high marks...these are the two that need those marks most. Smart is a tough competitor and expects the most from his coaches and players at all times. His praise for the two newbies allowed me to breathe easier. The other parts of the game that did not fair as well will get it together by scrimmage #2. Smart generally understates his team's performance anyway.

PS...Newman will get the nod to start...IMO.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unless you were there, this was pieced together from Kirby's interview. Just repackaging what was already said. Swell.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Todd Monken was a great hire but will Kirby give him 100% control of the offense? Todd will be Kirby's 3rd OC entering his 5 season with a plethora of elite players. When Nick Saban learned how to recruit elite players, he had great success with his OCs (Jimbo Fisher, Jim McElwain, Doug Nussmeier, Lane Kiffin and Mike Locksley). Was it because he gave them 100% control of the offense or something else?

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can't imagine Saban giving anyone 100% control of anything. He didn't do that with Kirby.