Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What we would've been looking forward to had Georgia football played Virginia on Monday

SystemSystem Posts: 10,546 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageWhat we would've been looking forward to had Georgia football played Virginia on Monday

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. What we'd be talking about if Georgia had played Virginia In an alternate universe were COVID-19 never happens,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to believe that Jamie was told that JT had essentially won the job and would start once fully cleared.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

doubt that happened after 1 scrimmage. probably told he'd have to compete for it, that could have irked him, then again he could have seen how anemic the receivers looked and thought this doesn't look like it's going to help my cause, I'm out. No loyalty to UGA so better to not risk injury. Then again, hard to imagine a kid that age wanting to sit out instead of suiting it up and being in the spotlight.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“To be honest, I’d thought we’d be further along and make a big jump from scrimmage one to scrimmage two,” Smart said after the second scrimmage. “It was sloppy. We had a lot of penalties. We didn’t tackle really well. Didn’t play well in the red area on defense.” This is typical Smart obfuscation...well, mostly...have never known him to expose the team's true progress much....but he is letting us know he is not happy. This is a really crazy year with the covid virus wreaking havoc amongst the conferences. I am relieved the SEC has been unwaivering and has not cancelled football altogether....at least yet. Bring on Sept. 26!!!

• Options
    BigDawg64BigDawg64 Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Would really like the see D'won take the starting QB position, even though I haven't seen JT take a snap. I like the idea of a QB that can run like D'won can along with a cannon arm.