Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Buffalo GM: How Jake Fromm made Bills roster; similar to Georgia success

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageBuffalo GM: How Jake Fromm made Bills roster; similar to Georgia success

ATHENS — Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane explained why Jake Fromm made the Bills’ 53-man roster last weekend From the sounds of it, Fromm made the roster for the same reasons he beat out Justin Fields for the Georgia quarterback job in the 2018 preseason and held the position throughout the year. “I think one

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And sometimes you throw for the end zone when you're behind the sticks and you win yourself a Natty. If you ask me getting conservative after you were passing it up and down the field and trying to run out the clock cost us a Natty.

• Options
    BestofBreedBestofBreed Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good on Fromm making the team, but Bills reporters were saying he didn't look good and there was real worry that he wouldn't make the team. The Bills kept 3 QBs and in the covid era, when teams are signing QBs to stay at home just in case, deals, they weren't letting go of him.

Truth is Jake still has a lot to prove. Hopefully he makes it, but the reports out there from Bills reporters have not been glowing. Hope he made a good decision...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“We invested in Jake in the fifth round,” Beane said. “You don’t want to give up on that position this early. I’d hate to release him and never have seen him play in a game for us." Give Jake a chance...and they did. Jake can really read an overall defense. He is a field general in many respects. I don't know what his outcome will be with the Bills. They are a physical team and Jake might be able to perform back-up pretty well. I don't know if he can take the constant beating NFL QBs are subjected to...that and his"slippery: hands in inclement weather....I lived near Rochester, NY for decades!! The weather in Buffalo can be off the charts "inclement.".

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

“misguided attempt at gun control humor” just wow. I guess that is a benefit of the “elite” class.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he earns the starting job, and, wins them a super bowl!

GO JAKE FROMM!

GO DAWGS!