Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee tackles NCAA, marshals forces on Cade Mays' transfer eligibility

SystemSystem Posts: 10,546 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageTennessee tackles NCAA, marshals forces on Cade Mays' transfer eligibility

Tennessee is not going to let go of its request offensive lineman Cade Mays be made eligible immediately, and has filed another lawsuit and involved a congressman

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let him play. He's only gonna get a year to show why he left uga. Honestly, don't care. It's not like he was a big support beam we lost on the o-line. If I had to go through knowing I had to leave my school because my daddy was too dumb to fold a chair, I wouldn't play again.

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't care if Mays plays or doesn't play but that "toxic environment" BS doesn't sit well with me. That's garbage.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Mays wins this..the rules-bending will set a precedent for future SEC transfers. It has become a "political" bullying match and SEC must hold fast to its rules. UGA certainly does not have a toxic culture....anything but. The Mays family have created a firestorm over this. Very sad in a way.

• Options
    julhow1121julhow1121 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Let him play.  Baylor made him look silly in the Sugar Bowl last year.  He can run block but he can't pass block at all.  He has a nasty streak in him and I like that but he was a liability in the Sugar Bowl.  Pretty sure our DE's and OLB's will run circles around him.  He probably shouldn't have come to UGA to begin with if daddy was that much against it.  Wish him the best but we have more talent behind him who want to be DAWGS !!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well Daddy Mays can't point a finger at the lawsuit since he doesn't have a finger to point.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, but the SEC / NCAA should not be in business to help fools get a bigger paycheck / higher draft grade by allowing them to play immediately after they decide that they went to the wrong school.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

I'll be so glad when this hillbilly circus is over. And I too do not appreciate them accusing UGA of having a toxic environment. That's a slime ball move. Cade looked pretty happy to me in all the videos I've seen. I would've had a little more respect for them, had they not stooped this low. But as it stands now, SCREW all of them! Maybe son Mays can teach his Paw how to correctly use a folding chair, while they appeal the NCAA's decision.

Hope Georgia runs up the score this year on them mooshine drankin', 'backer chewin'. sister marryin', outhouse dookiein', mule ridin', banjo and booger pickin', gay mascot dog havin', pathetic chumps! 😁

Might go and strut around on volnation and have a little fun.

First post over there gonna be this.

43-14 🤣

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is no way Mays should be eligible this season and I hope the NCAA and the SEC have enough cojones to stand their ground. It was Mays father's lawsuit against UGA that created the "toxic" environment, nothing that UGA did. Mays was a valuable member of the team and would have been a favorite to start on the offensive line this year if he hadn't left. It was his choice to leave and therefore he should abide by the rules and sit out a season.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Toxic environment"........

If there were no reason other than that comment I still wouldn't let him play. He bad mouthed a school that gave him eeverything. His dad is too **** to work a simple chair and he called on Judge Judy to give him money for his ineptness.

The kid wasn't that good and I got tired of seeing him get beat over and over. we couldn't run the ball up the middle for a reason. He is a major part of that reason so, while part of me wants to see us beat the snot out of him on the line and make him look as over-hyped as he was at UGA, there is no reason I want him to benefit from negative comments about my alma mater. I am still unhappy that justin fields did the same thing and benefited (and hated it so much he came back to view a practice).

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes indeed UGa has a “toxic” environment because they were negligent in giving Cade’s father written directions and warnings regarding the proper use of folding chairs. I wonder how many of those 13,000 UT fans would have signed a petition several decades ago allowing Peyton Manning to have transferred to UGa to be closer to home. I pray the NCAA and SEC don’t fold on this issue. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia did have a toxic environment. Then Cade Mays transferred and took his Father with him, and all the toxicity left the building.

Phat Phil shaking the SEC tree. Yeah, I'm sure that's going to go over just fine. No chance that it backfires on UT.

• Options
    JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Look Cade. Its obvious that Vol nation has a self esteem issue going on. I mean it’s bad when Vol nation accepts an 8-5 season. Tough guy you dissed them pretty bad when you chose UGA over them and they are kissing your behind o’l son. If that HC and University will have you and your toxic family good riddance. Baylor made you look like a player looking for his moon pie and RC cola. Did you block anybody that game?However, If I were a player on the old Vol team I would have a hard time trusting you, HC, and staff. I guess at UT they sit on 5 gallon buckets. No folding chairs with instructions allowed. That’s pitiful. A grown A.........ss man and a folding chair issue. Pop’s should watch YouTube or WWE. They fold a few chairs every once in awhile.