Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

CBS projects Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels first-round 2021 NFL Draft pick

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageCBS projects Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels first-round 2021 NFL Draft pick

Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels is projected as first-round 2021 NFL Draft pick by CBS Sports writer in mock draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL, talk about speculation. We went from "Newman is a 1st round pick and JT is a nobody" to "Newman is questionable at a 3rd-4th round pick and JT is a 1st round pick".

JT hasn't even been cleared to play yet, let alone be the starter, let alone play really well. Nobody has even seen a down of Georgia football since last year... not even a G-Day Spring Game.

BUT, we'll see.

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Speculators going to speculate. They have little to do so why not take a flyer on JT? Fromm was the 2nd coming until he ran into not have a competent play caller behind him. I am predicting that Dwan Mathis is our starter and never looks back from his starting role.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Media Rat Poison

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

First JT has to be named the starting QB, and even then he's got to make it through the SEC season, lets see that before anointing him as a first round pick.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, we almost went with the 2nd best QB option, again? LOL!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT was 25 for 34 passing (74%) for over 200 yards in the 2nd quarter of USC’s first game last year (2019) when he injured his ACL. That should have been his first college game, but he elected to finish HS a year early and play for USC right after his junior year in HS. His 2018 season at USC was mediocre, but he should have been playing HS football that season. USC was in total disarray when JT arrived on campus and he had only 2 months to prepare to be a starter for a big time football program that year. I think the NFL draft experts are well aware of his accomplishments which I doubt seriously that even Fields or Lawrence could have matched under similar circumstances. In fact, JT was the 3rd best QB recruit behind Fields and Lawrence in 2018, but he was projected all year to be the #1 QB in the 2019 recruiting class until he graduated a year early and suddenly was considered a member of the 2018 class. I’m very excited about this guy and I think we will all be very happy he joined our team in just a few short months. Go Dawgs and go JT!!!

• Options
    SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting, I knew he started a year early, but didn't realize he had dropped in the rankings because of it. There's not much difference between #1-#3 anyway, we should be in good shape with him.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man don't say that , he'll be wanting to take the season off to prepare for NFL.