Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cade Mays granted waiver by NCAA, now waiting on SEC to be eligible at Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageCade Mays granted waiver by NCAA, now waiting on SEC to be eligible at Tennessee

The NCAA has reversed course on Cade Mays, granting him a waiver to play during the 2020 season. But it is not yet a done deal that he will see the field, as he now needs a waiver from the SEC, given his intra-conference transfer. Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt announced the news to reporters on Thursday. Pruitt

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing...I have to admit this is pretty funny......After Fields the rule was a joke any........I'm looking forward to the people here who are simply going to flip out over this.......

• Options
  • Options
    JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

I have posted a few previous comments on o’l Cade before. There is no shame in Vol nations game. Jeremy has turned out to be anybody’s dog that will hunt him and Cade spit on Vol nation a couple years ago choosing UGA over rocky top. BTW that songs SUCKS rocks! Maybe Cadee will get to participate. Our DEFENSE will light him up. He is over hyped and he probably blocks the dinner table better than he blocks opponents on the field. Jeremy needs to see that papa Mays has a sponsor to seat him and read him instructions on how to use a folding chair. I am just a regular guy. I hit my thumb while using a hammer just the other day. It hurt like hell and bled some but I cleaned it up went on about my work. Them boys on rocky top would have had lawyers on speed dial. Free Cadee Mays!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way the NCAA decides who gets a waver and who doesn't is suspect at the least and corrupt at the worst.

They review all the facts, and based on those facts they decide Mays doesn't qualify for the privilege.

Then somebody got to the right person in the NCAA, and provided the right kind of incentive. Money talks.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OMG.....this is total BS. If Cade gets a SEC waiver then there is literally no reason to have transfer rules. This is clearly an example of a player who is transferring for no good reason whatsoever. His dad screwed-up and is now trying to punish UGa by suing the university for his stupidity and then penalizing the university by allowing his son to compete against the school that wasted 2 years of scholarships on him. It’s totally a farce if he gets to play this year. Let him sit and have his dad take classes on the proper techniques for folding chairs. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2020

Good for cade. Now he'll get a chance to watch his draft stock plummet after the dawgs wear him out. Guarantee Kirby will let the DL/LBs loose on him. I love reading the vols boards, they swear they've struck gold and he's their magical savior. There might be a guy out there that will help them, but he's not it. When he was getting embarrassed all game long against Baylor, didn't really bother me that he transferred. The whole BS about toxic environment, that's petty. His dad can't afford his bills, so he's probably looking for some kind of payment so he don't have to actually work.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope the SEC stands firm on intra-league transfers. It'll be funny if he is in Knoxville for 3 seasons. Whatever his papa gets for being a complete moron will be negated by missing 1-2 seasons in the NFL for Cade. I do feel for the kid but his dad can pound sand. It would also be the funniest if his lawsuit gets thrown out and he has to pay for UGA's legal fees (far fetched but so is his lawsuit)

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope the stories on the Mays family stop. Best of luck to him and his family. Please stop posting articles on Tennessee players and their family!

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

He looked horrible against Baylor. Immagine what our dline is gonna do to him. I PRAY he gets to play

• Options

You could have made a case for that if his Grandfather was his guardian. This was not the case. He has both a father and mother. Also I would say there are a pretty large percentage of students out there who have grandparents who are ill......come on....once you get old there is a much greater probability of you getting sick.......In any case, I don't see what Ford had to do with Mays...Unless you are going to make the argument that what goes for Ford should go for everyone else

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cade May's was a starter on the Offensive Line for Georgia, and going to be a high draft pick in the NFL, while playing in the SEC, JT Daniels was going to have to win his QB position back while rehabbing his knee at Southern Cal, and was playing in the PAC 12, there is a big difference between the two, and his Dads three Million Dollar law suite with the chair maker and UGA, because he cut off a piece of his pinkie finger is ridiculous, I believe he started the law suite to help aid his sons transfer to Tennessee, It was started just a couple of months before he decided to transfer, which makes me believe May's was already planning to leave UGA, and needed a hardship excuses in order to play early, and I do not believe Coach Kirby, or anyone else on the team would make it a toxic environment because of Cade Mays Dad, they didn't treat Hot Rod bad when his Dad was making waves, why would they treat Cade Mays any different? I believe Cade should have to abide by the rules, and stop trying to use Covid-19 coach Jeremy Pruitt, everyone knows you are not about all the athletes, if it wasn't because of Cade Mays you would not be saying anything, so just stop with the lying, and what is really sad is Kirby, and the Georgia team were good to Cade Mays, and this is their reward, to be betrayed as a toxic place,

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OK, fair is fair, you make an argument for Mays. Just because his father is a moron?

• Options

Where do you see any argument I made for Mays......laughing...I could care less