Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Eric Stokes details what it's like practicing against George Pickens, young Georgia receivers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageEric Stokes details what it's like practicing against George Pickens, young Georgia receivers

George Pickens did it again this weekend. The SEC Network released some practice footage of Pickens making another acrobatic catch during a Georgia practice. It's something he did last preseason and then made a number of similar catches during the season for the Bulldogs. But while many saw the Pickens catch as a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eric Stokes is one tough dude. A real motivator. He will take his pummeling game to the Razorbacks...big time. Both he and Pickens will make 1st All-SEC team by season's end.

Eric....let's see an interception on Saturday!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. I like Eric Stokes. He handles himself well on and (apparently) off the field.
    2. I agree with him 100 percent that SEC officials rarely, if ever, call offensive pass interference. In fact, I would argue about half the time they call DEFENSIVE pass interference, it's not interference at all. Officials need to understand that merely making contact with a receiver is NOT automatically pass interference. Also, they need to do a better job of waiving off PI calls when the ball is truly uncatchable, like 15 yards out of bounds.
    3. I wish players today didn't equate TALKING a good game with PLAYING one. In today's world, a kid who fumbles, drops a pass, commits a crucial penalty, etc., is yapping just as much -- if not more -- than a kid who makes a great play. I know I'm old-school (and proud of it), but I long for the days when actually winning the game was satisfaction enough.
  • Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited September 2020

How could you not like mr stokes he is so happy go lucky. You can really tell he enjoys it

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love our Dbs and the progress they've made under Coach Warren and Kirby. It is amazing that none of our top 3 Cbs have a single INT. You would think they would've at least caught an errant pass in their careers.