Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's kaleidoscope offense leaves room for questions, speculation entering season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia's kaleidoscope offense leaves room for questions, speculation entering season

Georgia football enters the 2020 season with an uncertain offensive identity, still working with multiple quarterbacks behind a rebuild offensive line and with many new skill position players expected to contribute

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's all about what's between the ears for Mathis, Daniels and Beck. Fromm got the nod over Eason and Fields as well as his position on an NFL roster because of his football acumen, not his physical gifts. I believe Beck has the highest ceiling. But, there is no doubt in my mind, our entire season will be predicated on the the football IQ of either Mathis or Daniels. As goes Mathis or Daniels, so goes our team. Let's pray one or both of these QBs have the brain power to make good decisions and lead this offense.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really hope our opponents think our offense is going to be a weak link as it was last year. I have zero questions about our O-Line and zero questions about our backs and receivers. I'm waiting to see if Mathis can read defenses and if he's accurate. Arm strength is way overrated.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We should be pretty good. But the way things are lining up, it is certainly possible for the wheels to really come off and UGA finding itself with a losing record towards the end of Oct. I don't think it will happen, but it's not impossible. We have to many things to work out offensively and the schedule is just way to front loaded. I'm not saying this to be down, I'm just trying to brace the fan base ... and myself. If UGA find itself at 1-3 by mid Oct don't give up on em.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get that you're not trying to be all doom and gloom, but still, I think bracing for 1-3 is a bit much. The Tennessee and Auburn games are both in Athens. Granted, the atmosphere won't be up to ****, but that's still one less thing to worry about against a pair of opponents that the Dawgs have generally fared well against in recent years. I know, it's college football, and especially in a year like this nothing is to be taken for granted. But overall, I still think 3-1 is quite a bit more likely than 1-3.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow. Can't say s.nuff

• Options
    DCDirtyBirdDCDirtyBird Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

One could argue that Smart made the wrong choice choosing the most cerebral QB over the more talented Eason and Fields. Accordingly, with Monken it will come down to who can make the plays when the line isn't perfect.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's absurd lol. I found out today you can't say s.troke either. And thanks for talking me off the edge in you're other post ;)

I always get pessimistic this time of year.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

First games tend to be sloppy, and the rare exception seems to be the rare super-important-to-both-teams opening season game. Traditionally (see Fromm), the game goes run-heavy and conservative with a new QB. I will not be surprised if the Arkansas game goes quickly because of run orientation by both teams. So, no turnovers, no injuries, and move on to opening up the offense, saving the good stuff for later.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it is premature to judge Daniels. He didn't have a very good team surrounding him at USC and remember, he came out of high school a year early. So he was just 17 as a freshman.