Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Odds of Georgia victory over Alabama increase with Nick Saban absence from sideline

SystemSystem Posts: 10,543 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageOdds of Georgia victory over Alabama increase with Nick Saban absence from sideline

Georgia's odds of beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa went up, per oddsmakers, with Nick Saban not being allowed to coach because of his COVID-19 diagnosis.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

His refs will still be there.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban has his coaches' box also. They relay important player info to the sidelines. However, It is better to have the coach at eye level on field. Emotional support as well. Saban is hands on. Moot points. He won't be there and must obey the rules of communication. UGA will have an advantage...IMO.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we do happen to win this game, oh the excuses are gonna come from everywhere. I'd rather have it postponed and beat him straight up on the field. That ways no excuses to why we won. Just sounds like a media's dream with this game. Oh the hype...

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban's illustrious track record stems primarily from his (a) phenomenal recruiting of top talent, (b) high expectations around film/position group study, (c) intense practices, (d) and meticulous game-planning and preparation for opponents... not necessarily his game time coaching. In fact, his sideline decision making and coaching style have occasionally been called into question. (Does any of the above sound like anyone else we know?). Sarkisian has big time head-coaching pedigree, and Bama's ability to win this game will have far more to do with everything leading up to it, not Saban's presence during it. Truth be told, though I'd rather he be there, I'd be pretty darned comfortable if Kirby had to delegate to his fully capable assistants in Monken, Lanning and Luke. After all, it's why they get paid the big bucks. Come Saturday, the best team's going to win, no excuses. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They should waive the 90 minute rule and let Saban have real time communication with his team. I doubt they will.

But anybody who's been paying attention knows Saban twist's the rules more than most. He will be in contact with his coaches.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we all know how this plays out. We FINALLY get that win against Bama, but it comes with an asterisk with Saban not coaching. Sigh.

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Uga be alright as as long as bama don't put in the backup qb rotfl

• Options
    HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

I don't know how much value Saban adds standing on the sideline, but I am pretty sure his presence adds a lot to his assistants' attention to the game. His absence will not be addition by subtraction. Not wishing Saban ill will...just sayin'.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There's only one thing guaranteed -- Saban's record against former assistants ain't gonna change -- regardless of who wins. 

🤨

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want Bennett to be successful, but it would serve Bama right to have the Dawgs bring in a backup to lead the team to victory.

Good job on Finebaum today, Mike. If you are correct and the Dawgs lose Saturday but beat Bama in the SECCG, I’d be just fine with that even though I’d much prefer the Dawgs win Saturday and prove it was no fluke in the SECCG!

Another thought...Saban and the Tide had their coming out party in Athens. What a great story line if Kirby and the Dawgs have there’s in Tuscaloosa!