Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia hall of famer David Pollack picks Alabama to beat Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia hall of famer David Pollack picks Alabama to beat Bulldogs

Three of the four ESPN College GameDay analysts picked Alabama to beat Georgia on Saturday night, including former UGA player David Pollack

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s ok David! We all have our opinions! GATA! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

He just doing his job, I understand why he said that he is not sold on UGA offense yet. Go Dawgs let do this doesn't matter what the media thinks.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I think (Nick) Saban coming back gives them a shot in the arm, I think everybody’s motivated,” Pollack said. I wrote similar words in a former comment...but...I did not say Bama would win! Pollack did. I still believe UGA will pull it out. "Young" as its offense is. I agree with Herbstreit.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In spite of their DGD status I'm worried about David Pollack and Aaron Murray.

It's not hard to make the case for the Dawgs, but it is, on the other hand, hard to argue against Saban's victory string.

Today's game will begin to change that argument.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I couldn't care less who DP picks. Whip that Bama ass and Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tend to take an optimistic approach to these things. But watching Auburn and Tennessee today, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to wonder if those wins were fool's gold...

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

David Pollack is a sell out. Aaron Murray is questionable on being a sell out. Plus, if you are a true Dawgs fan....why would you listen to that outside noise. If you don't have confidence in the team, go ahead and be a Bama fan or any other team. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to admit it, but I agree with Pollock. I'm not saying Ga doesn't have a chance. With that defense all they need is for the offense to do a good enough job.

It's just that with installing a new OC and system. New starter at QB, 4- new starters on the O-line. Best two receivers are Sophomore's, and half the RB's are also young, and the lack of time to develop and install that was lost with no spring practice, that doesn't fit the recipe for beating Alabama. Alabama's not re-tooling on either side of the ball, and they also have home field advantage.

I think Georgia and this offense will be more prepared if and likely when they play Alabama again in the SECCG.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pollack would be a worthless commentator if he picked UGA to win every game they play.

Alabama is a five-point favorite. Lots of people are picking them to win.

So what?

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No excuse, glad Saban is back, now go and GATA and take the win!

• Options

Being young with a new OC and new QB doesn't mean a thing. It's about believing in your ability and having heart. Which Georgia have shown the past two times they played Alabama who everyone considered Georgia to be inferior too.

• Options

If it wasn't for Kirby and his staff taking their foot off Alabama neck the last two times they played....we wouldn't be having this discussion because Kirby would be 2-0 against Saban.

• Options

I guess Saban will have to retire in order for Kirby and them Dawgs to beat him.