Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations after deflating loss to Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,447 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations after deflating loss to Alabama

It was the same old story for Georgia against Alabama. The Bulldogs played well for stretches. They held the lead at halftime. But it all came apart in the second half. The Bulldogs were shut out by a defense that gave up 48 points to Ole Miss in the final 30 minutes. And the Alabama offense led by Mac Jones, Najee

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA’s O has weapons at every skill position....but Stetson against top tier talent ain’t it chief

defense needed a consistent pash rush to pressure Mac attack, because our corners were getting boat raced in man to man on wheel and fly routes

bammer is beatable, but you can’t wet the bed and throw 3 INT

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

RTDB. Should have never made Bennet try to win it.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Game totally turned on the first pick Bennett threw in the 2nd half. Once Bama got the 2 score lead there was no coming back with Bennett. I believe Daniels and Beck will likely battle to be the guy by season's end.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really don't know why Kirby won't try other QB's to see if it makes a difference changer. It is the one thing with him I can't stand. Maybe it's his defensive mind but at the end of the day it will cost you to lose. Even Saban put Tua in when nothing else was working. PAAALEEEZ put JTD in and see if it makes a difference. Even Mathis or Beck but TRY SOMETHING to shake it up. I am getting frustrated in what my eyes see. We upgraded from Richt to Smart now maybe we need to upgrade again to get over the hump dare I say Urban Meyer or Stoops????

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

0-3 for Smart now against Saban...let's see, what's the excuse this time? Oh yeah, an inexperienced QB, mistakes, turnovers, and just better key players on their offense that torched our secondary.

Clemson would beat Bama easily...not sure about Ohio State yet but probably so. We've got 2 weeks to lick our wounds and come out playing better. Bennett will learn from his mistakes, but it's worth giving JT or someone else a serious look.

Hopefully we'll see Bama again in December...GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Moving Bennett out of the pocket reduces the field in half for the defenders, making it easier to cover. Unfortunately, they had to roll him out, not because of the pressure, but because he is not tall enough to pass over the center of the line. In the end, I don’t blame Bennett. But I do blame Kirby for not having Mathis ready a month into the season. There is absolutely no way he sticks around, and Daniels might follow behind him.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I concur sir! But Kirby and staff go by what they see in practice sometimes you need to put a guy in a game and see how he perfoms there are those that actually shine during lives shows versus practice.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We have to find out who we are on offense, this week. we can waste this defense. We will see them again. They had Stetson figured out. Where is George coach? We can't get him one on one? If you hand fight with their wr we get called. Their DB's rode our guys. Get ready to fight for the east. One goal, in Atlanta.

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

I like stetson a great story. He is to short all them batted down balls. There is a reason he was a walk on really need to look at opening up the qb jt Daniel,Carson, deserve a shot

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

There's Clemson, Bama and maybe Ohio State.....and then there's UGA and a bunch of other good but not elite teams. We are going to live in that world until we get an elite QB and elite WRs. Kirby better wake up and make even more of a move to a O-minded team or we'll start to see our recruiting impacted in the next few years. I'm tired of wasting years of top recruiting classes just to be good. I'm not a fair weather friend....I just see no urgency to change. SICK OF IT!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NO answer for Devonte Smith. He beat us single handedly, again.

Stetsons height finally caught up with him. Every team going forward will just try and batt his passes down. At least half a dozen. It was a decent run for pint sized guy. If he was 6'4" we just might have won.

Game really showed where we lack in exceptional receivers, LSU had them, BAMA has them.

Shame we didn't(couldn't) have a smooth transition to a top notch QB. Fields situation wasn't handled right. Only allowed in games to run out the clock. Matt Corral whom everyone in the media is high on(lit up BAMA with arm and legs) if I'm not mistaken wanted to come to UGA, but wasn't shown much love so picked Florida, then transferred to OLe Miss. Lawrence, Fields, Corral.

Kentucky slobber knocked Tenn, THey weren't that good but we made them look decent. BAMA will trample them next week.

Smoke and mirrors D_backs

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am disappointed with how that turned out. It was just very deflating. Not sure if there is any one thing to pinpoint but a few thoughts:

1) Kirby definitely trusts experience/knowledge of the system over talent/upside, and while it has come to fruition on defense, it is what kept him from playing Fields over Fromm and anyone else over Stetson. I loved Fromm and think he and Stetson are really great guys, but that strategy has really limited the offense. It’s almost like Fromm/Stetson both played well enough to be in the game and not get pulled but not nearly well enough to be as good as we can be as a team.

2) Defense played pretty well I thought, but was anyone else completely shocked with our lack of pass rush? I figured we may dial it up in the second half like last week but Mac had all day on almost all of his 32 attempts. That was my one key to stopping their fast wide receivers. We had to get to the QB. We’re our guys getting held or was the bama line impenetrable.

3) To the guy who even considered hiring Urban Meyer, I think I speak for a lot of us and we would have to take a break from being Georgia fans. Anyways, he’s just waiting for that USC or ND job to open up and then his tummy will feel better miraculously.